Collapse
No announcement yet.

What class is Joshua, Fury, and Wilder in compared to the fighters in the 90's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What class is Joshua, Fury, and Wilder in compared to the fighters in the 90's

Are they in the class of the Lewis, Tyson, Foreman, Bowe, and Holyfield?

Or are they in the class of Mercer, Tua, Morrison, Razor, and Bruno?

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    Are they in the class of the Lewis, Tyson, Foreman, Bowe, and Holyfield?

Or are they in the class of Mercer, Tua, Morrison, Razor, and Bruno?
    The bottom class

Comment

Joshua and Fury are top class fighters in the 90's. Wilder's not even top class in his own home.

Comment

Fury would be annihilated by Bowe Foreman Lewis Tyson and even Golota. Wilder would have a punches chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Fury would be annihilated by Bowe Foreman Lewis Tyson and even Golota. Wilder would have a punches chance.
          Disagree. Which Bowe? We saw a committed Riddick Bowe for maybe 3-4 fights? Mostly a lazy, unmotivated Bowe. Fury would dance around him. And Foreman was a 42 year old puncher. He danced around a far more athletic 30 year old puncher with an additional 10 inches of reach.

Let’s not overrate the past because it’s the past. The 90’s were better, but the top is the top regardless of the decade.

Comment

I think they would all be good but it is hard to say how good. Wilder is similar to Tua in the way he would be losing fights & score the big KO. Tua was known for doing that on several occasions & he also knocked out 4 former world champions. The top guys back then could all box & had KO power so I would be skeptical of Wilder beating any of the elite but he would always have that puncher's chance. Fury & Joshua would do well too but there is no guarantee they could beat the top guys either. I don't think any of them could beat Lennox Lewis. I'm not sure if any of them could beat Vitali Klitschko. I have always been hard on Vitali for his weaker resume but I think he could beat them all. Adding those 3 guys to the 90s era would have been great. They would have all fought each other too. You add Joshua to the mix & guys would be fighting for crazy purses because back then Foreman, Bowe, Holyfield & Tyson were all huge draws in the US especially Tyson & Holyfield. Lennox vs Joshua in England? That would be cool to have seen them all back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              Joshua and Fury are top class fighters in the 90's. Wilder's not even top class in his own home.
              Joshua is not....FOH

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                Joshua is not....FOH
                Joshua beats Tua, Morrison, and Mercer imo

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                  Joshua beats Tua, Morrison, and Mercer imo
                  I dont trust his chin or stamina tho

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                    Why was Fury one second away from losing to Wilder if Fury is top class and Wilder isn't?

Comment

Working...
                    X