Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Watches Replay, Says Fury Fight 'Really Hard To Judge'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
    fury missed a hell of alot of punches, his 1-2 was not landing at will this is a complete overstatement
    He did miss quite a lot but his overall punches were more accurate.

Power 36.5% vs. 17%
    Jabs 20.6 vs. 16.1%
    Overall 25.7% vs. 16.5%

https://www.boxingscene.com/deontay-...-stats--134262

And many here recently said jabs don't count so on stats he was 20% less off than Fury. He had a lower number of connects and % in every round and it wasn't a high contact match so very easy to score.

Outside of the knockdown rounds Wilder didn't land more than three power punches in ANY round. His average was 1.5 punches landed per round in the rounds without knockdowns. The gaps in power punch connects was a difference of

6%, 35%, 22%, 52%, 17%, 10%, 23%, 38%, 16%, 50%, 11% and then the one in his favor of 6% in the 12 round.

Now does less than 2 punches landed win you 4 (or more) rounds? Fury was the ring general in every round, the cleaner puncher in all but one round, the effective aggressor in all but two rounds and the better defender in 10 rounds so he was on top in at least 10 rounds so let's say with terrible/wrong scoring you want to give Wilder rounds because he's a god then he still loses by two points on an 8-4 card.
    Last edited by chrisJS; 12-07-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Even if landed 13 punches more...........

The decision isn't controversial. Are we really going to give any guy a loss over 13 punches landed, given its a 12 round fight? That's almost equivalent to landing 1 punch more per round. The rematch should take place and hopefully one of the fighters separate themselves more from the other. Let's have some perspective fans.

Comment

Cancan someone show me where fury landed at will????? Im on my second re watch, and yes he landed but it was not at will, he missed alot

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
          the decision isn't controversial. Are we really going to give any guy a loss over 13 punches landed, given its a 12 round fight? That's almost equivalent to landing 1 punch more per round. The rematch should take place and hopefully one of the fighters separate themselves more from the other. Let's have some perspective fans.
          this is my point exactly!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Yeah, well DiBella said Fury won to his face but changed his tune.

Throwing 100 punches more at a much smaller % (and I think Wilders punchcount was embellished I think he landed about half) says it all.

Ring generalship, clean punching, EFFECTIVE aggression, defense. Fury won all four categories in at least 10 rounds (he actually won it in the rounds he was dropped too but fair is fair score the knockdowns 10-8).
            That's what I thought. What I'm trying to figure out is, how folks could say Fury won a round when he was rendered unconscious for 4 seconds. In the streets if you get knocked out, you lost, no matter how well you responded to getting knocked out. You get cred for the comeback, but you didn't win.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              That's what I thought. What I'm trying to figure out is, how folks could say Fury won a round when he was rendered unconscious for 4 seconds. In the streets if you get knocked out, you lost, no matter how well you responded to getting knocked out. You get cred for the comeback, but you didn't win.
              Because it was a boxing match and not "The Streeeets"?

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                He lost the last round, nobody is saying otherwise. He just won 10 of the previous 11 and had too far a lead for the knockdown to make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
                  The decision isn't controversial. Are we really going to give any guy a loss over 13 punches landed, given its a 12 round fight? That's almost equivalent to landing 1 punch more per round. The rematch should take place and hopefully one of the fighters separate themselves more from the other. Let's have some perspective fans.
                  At least watch the fight before you suggest that the rest of the world is being unreasonable. Scoring a fight off of what you heard about "punchstats" is asinine.

Comment

Excuse #311 - too hard to judge the rounds.

It wasn't hard for me to see Wilder get outboxed in 9 of the 12 rounds. That was pretty easy to see. Wilder accept your loss, work on your mechanics and enjoy the trip to the UK. Watching that 12th round again, it looked like Fury was about to knock Wilder spark out if the fight had continued another 3 rounds like the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjs View Post
                      he did miss quite a lot but his overall punches were more accurate.

Power 36.5% vs. 17%
                      jabs 20.6 vs. 16.1%
                      overall 25.7% vs. 16.5%

https://www.boxingscene.com/deontay-...-stats--134262

and many here recently said jabs don't count so on stats he was 20% less off than fury. He had a lower number of connects and % in every round and it wasn't a high contact match so very easy to score.

Outside of the knockdown rounds wilder didn't land more than three power punches in any round. His average was 1.5 punches landed per round in the rounds without knockdowns. The gaps in power punch connects was a difference of

6%, 35%, 22%, 52%, 17%, 10%, 23%, 38%, 16%, 50%, 11% and then the one in his favor of 6% in the 12 round.

Now does less than 2 punches landed win you 4 (or more) rounds? Fury was the ring general in every round, the cleaner puncher in all but one round, the effective aggressor in all but two rounds and the better defender in 10 rounds so he was on top in at least 10 rounds so let's say with terrible/wrong scoring you want to give wilder rounds because he's a god then he still loses by two points on an 8-4 card.
                      wilder landed alot of body punches and some jabs that you all are ignoring, again... I can see some saying fury won as me myself had him winning after watching it live. But ive re watched it and i dont see this dominant performace by fury everyone is screaming. It was very close. Without the knockdown in the 12th fury wins tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X