Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree or disagree with Shannon Sharpe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Same should apply to politicians and teachers?
    https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2018/...017/999114001/

"in some cases, criminal charges weren't specifically mentioned in the department database, but inappropriate behavior was described, such as extensive texting with a student, flirting with a student, and buying alcohol for a minor."

No trials, hearings by the State Board only. Same as Hunt but doing things LESS VIOLENT than Hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2018/...017/999114001/

"in some cases, criminal charges weren't specifically mentioned in the department database, but inappropriate behavior was described, such as extensive texting with a student, flirting with a student, and buying alcohol for a minor."

No trials, hearings by the State Board only. Same as Hunt but doing things LESS VIOLENT than Hunt.
      I expected that for teachers. How about politicians?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        I expected that for teachers. How about politicians?
        It's up to the state representatives. In the case of a US president, after impeachment in the House, there is an actual trial in the Senate.

Comment

It's up to the state representatives. In the case of a US president, after impeachment in the House, there is an actual trial in the Senate.
          Lucky them........

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            I doubt a doctor would lose his license first offense especially if no criminal charges were filed.
            nobody is going to continue employing a doctor who is on camera doing that. he's literally on camera beating up an 18-20 year old girl.

and as another person mentioned, this will come down to a dispute over labor contracts; they sign into an agreement that says that they can lose their jobs for this.

Comment

Doctors and lawyers are accredited in the states where they practice. In the case of doctors, it is usually a state Medical Board that revokes doctors licences. No trial.

"During the first three months of this year, 23 doctors in San Diego County faced some form of disciplinary action by the Medical Board of California, according to the agency’s records." Not all but many had their licence revoked. Meaning they could not practice in CA anymore. http://www.mbc.ca.gov/Publications/D...inary_Actions/

Lawyers also are accredited by state by a state licencing board. Usually it is the state Supreme Court that disbars them, sometimes for a few years, sometimes for life. Bill Clinton was disbarred by the US Supreme Court. If you call this a trial, fine, but it was just a hearing, no more or less than Hunt got by the NFL.

John Dean, famous Watergate lawyer, was disbarred by the State of Virginia for life after a hearing, not a trial.

Etc. Etc.

and they aren't on camera beating up an 18 year old girl.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                nobody is going to continue employing a doctor who is on camera doing that. he's literally on camera beating up an 18-20 year old girl.

and as another person mentioned, this will come down to a dispute over labor contracts; they sign into an agreement that says that they can lose their jobs for this.
                You give the industry way too much credit. In my line of work, I've seen some operating more like criminal enterprises than actual medical facilities. If worst came to worst, I'm sure a doctor can find some shady clinic willing to hire him.

Also, he can open up his own practice.

Comment

No, I don't agree with what Sharpe said, because NFL players are working under an agreement between the owners and the Union that is defined in their contract as a "personal conduct policy". Conduct by any player
                  "that is illegal, violent, dangerous or irresponsible" can result in discipline.

Read it here: https://static.nfl.com/static/conten...0000828506.pdf

Bottom line is that players are under a contract that explicitly defines what they can and cannot do, and what the NFL can do to them.

Sharpe is comparing apples to oranges. This is why we have lawyers. Sharpe evidently didn't read the clauses in his own contract.
                  Employees of all kinds, and especially lawyers and doctors have the same codes of conduct. Many of them public.

Comment

He will be second in line for the XFL behind Manziel.

Comment

Pro ath (aff) letes know whats expected of them. Beating up hussies wont be tolerated.

Comment

Working...
                      X