White cop sues city, chief for racism: Ancestry.com says he's part black

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      When he found out he was black the black population in that city doubled and the number of black officers on the force became 1

lol yeah pretty sure it did

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      The black cops were probably making racist jokes too. Lmao

I used to work with a white dude who had blonde hair and blue eyes, but he had a grandfather who was half black. A lot of the black guys at work joked with him, always calling him brotha and doing the black power fist and other little jokes here and there.

It was all in good fun though, we were all friends and the white dude had a sense of humor and even made jokes himself, so it never got out of hand. He also wasn't a big p*ssy like the cop in OPs story.
      yeah I hear ya, I used to work construction with black and whites and of course mexicans and it was always some type of light hearted racism jokes no ill intent or anything just fun to kill the day while we working.

Im sure this guy suing knew what he wanted to do since day one, try to cash out and chill.

Comment

I make a lot of black jokes with my black friends, but calling them kunte or putting a black Santa in their work locker is taking it too far.

That city is going to have to pay him and that's all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Sounds like a story you would read on onion.com

GRAND RAPIDS, MI - A Hastings police sergeant says he has been subjected to racial taunts within the department after he took a genetic test through Ancestry.com that showed he was 18 percent black.

Sgt. Cleon Brown said the police chief called him, "Kunte," a character in Alex Haley's novel, "Roots: The Saga of an American Family," while officers whispered, "Black Lives Matter" and pumped fists as they walked past.

The mayor, who retired in January, told racial jokes, he said.

At Christmas, the department hung stockings with names of the officers on a Christmas tree. A black Santa Claus figurine - with "18%" written on its white beard - was put in Brown's stocking.

Brown filed a federal lawsuit alleging state and federal civil-rights violations and violation of the state's Whistleblowers' Protection Act. He claims intentional infliction of emotional distress.

He has sued the city of Hastings, police Chief Jeff Pratt, City Manager Jeff Mansfield, Deputy Chief Dale Boulter and Sgt. Kris Miller.

The city says Brown is to blame.

Mansfield released a statement by the city in response to Brown's claim of discrimination.

The city contends that the police chief ordered racial comments to cease, and said Brown started "the joking and banter."

"Sgt. Brown, in a very joking and jovial manner, informed several of his fellow officers that he had recently taken a DNA test through Ancestry.com and the results showed that he was 18% African American."

The city said Ancestry.com's website didn't include "African American" as a possible test result.

"Ancestry.com's website also states that the test results do not definitively reveal where a person's ancestors actually originated; only that there are shared characteristics in genes, which might or might not indicate a person's ancestors are actually from that geographic area," the city said.

The city said the topic would be forgotten before Brown would bring it up again. It would result in "mutual bantering" with officers about their heritage, the city said. Brown engaged in "typical racial stereotypes," the city said.

"After a month or so of Brown originally bringing it up, even that ended," the city said.

During the Christmas season, the black Santa was put in Brown's stocking. It was removed and an officer shared concerns with the chief. Brown told the chief he was not upset, and the chief, Pratt, told him to be proud of his African heritage, the city said.

Pratt then told officers there would be no further joking about Brown's heritage. Pratt was concerned that Brown was initiating racial comments.

"The officer who placed the Santa in Brown's stocking then went to Brown to apologize ... since he heard that Brown was upset ... . Sgt. Brown emphatically denied that he ever complained about it or that he was upset or offended by it and he even seemed confused that the issue was being raised," the city said.

The city said that it's uncertain that Brown is part of a protected class under civil-rights laws, even assuming that the Ancestry.com test results are valid. Racial discrimination laws are "not designed to protect those who can demonstrate some trace amount of a particular race or geographic origin ... ," the city said.

Brown served seven years in the U.S. Army and was 30-percent combat disabled.

He was hired by Hastings in 1998. He was a "decorated" police sergeant and earned two life-saving awards, the lawsuit said.

His troubles at the department began last fall after he told colleagues about results of genetic test that took him by surprise, his lawsuit said.

He said Pratt called him "Kunte" in front of other officers.

Brown said he responded: "I cannot believe you just called me that!" Others laughed, he said.

Others started whispering, "Black Lives Matter," he said.

Former Mayor Frank Campbell told him, "Oh, you'll be alright," the lawsuit said.
          Eight days later, Campbell saw Brown and another officer leaving the police station.

"Mayor Campbell saw (Brown), smiled, and said: 'Hey, I got a joke for you guys,' and proceeded to tell a racist joke using the word, 'Negroid,' at least two or three times," the lawsuit said.

On Jan. 4, Brown filed a discrimination complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Soon, the defendants were aware of the complaint.

Brown's attorney, Karie Boylan, contends that the chief and deputy chief then "conducted highly coercive, offensive, intimidating employee interviews asking only leading questions."

She said the defendants "unfriended" Brown on Facebook, and would not allow him to play in annual charity basketball games.

She said the city manager ignored him while the police chief either ignored him or was "curt." Pratt also asked Brown to return to patrol officer, rather than sergeant, the lawsuit said.

"Based on the openly hostile, retaliatory behaviors displayed by the Defendants (the City Manager, Police Chief, the Deputy Chief, one of four sergeants, and one of seven Officers), and tacit approval of Defendant's conduct by many other Hastings officers, it is more likely than not, Plaintiff will not have adequate back up in the event of an emergency," Boylan wrote.

While the city says it responded immediately and appropriately, Boylan said no investigations have taken place.

"Not surprising in light of the fact that the Mayor, City Manager, Chief of Police, Deputy Chief and one of the four Sergeants are the primary instigators of the discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation."

She said the stress has affected his health, and he may not be medically able to continue working.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...ers_of_ra.html
          Sounds like a white dude's wakeup call. If the 18% of him is feeling like that, imagined what would happen if he's 100%.

On the other hand, dude has just experience 18% of what we endure and had a mental break down. Where is his backbone? Dude is a beta...too sensitive, and I bet that 82% is a cuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            One of the genetic tests I took showed up 2% Sub-Saharan African blood. I'm going to try for the
            Mr Black Senior American contest.
            Are you from Southern Italy? Sicily?

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
              Are you from Southern Italy? Sicily?
              My family is from Calabria. You can see Sicily from
              the coast. Similar history but some differences. I have a mix of Italian/Greek/Persian/North African/Sub-Sahara African/small percentage of Northern European.

Basically a mix of everyone who stopped by raping and pillaging the area.

Comment

ROFL haven't read much of this yet but it sounds ridiculous so far

Comment

Working...
                X