No announcement yet.

i want to box but dont wanna loose weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to box but dont wanna loose weight

Hi,im a intermiadiate Body builder at the mo but i wanna get into boxing again as i used to do it as a late teen.Im 21 and my main concern is i wanna box but i dont want to loose too much weight i wanna box at middle weight 12 stone im 12 half at the mo.I eat 3500+ calories a day of complex carbs, protien + very little processed or unhealthy stuff.My training is a typical BB routine of heavy weights for 8-12 reps and no cardio.Im done with B building now as im pleased with my strength and size.I dont wanna bulk up and box as i know that cant be done but if i add cardio the weight strip of me.

HOW CAN I BOX BUT STILL KEEP STRENGTH AND SIZE?.
    ALSO WHAT IS A BOXERS DIET LIKE?.
    I mean i wouldnt mind loosing half a stone but bieng 6ft 2 i dont wanna go under 12 stone.
    CHEERS ALL

Originally posted by SHANE, (from england)
    Hi,im a intermiadiate Body builder at the mo but i wanna get into boxing again as i used to do it as a late teen.Im 21 and my main concern is i wanna box but i dont want to loose too much weight i wanna box at middle weight 12 stone im 12 half at the mo.I eat 3500+ calories a day of complex carbs, protien + very little processed or unhealthy stuff.My training is a typical BB routine of heavy weights for 8-12 reps and no cardio.Im done with B building now as im pleased with my strength and size.I dont wanna bulk up and box as i know that cant be done but if i add cardio the weight strip of me.

I mean i wouldnt mind loosing half a stone but bieng 6ft 2 i dont wanna go under 12 stone.
    CHEERS ALL
    It's two totally different types of muscle you need. You cant have both. Either strip off the unnecessary bulk and look smaller but win fights.....or Stay big, look menacing, and get knocked out like your father use ta.

Comment

This should be in training and nutrition.

The cardio you need to do to box will bring your weight down i'm afraid, just keep your food intake high (but healthy) are you ripped or smooth cos if your smooth then you could lose the **** and still keep the strength, but BB strength won't help your boxing strength at all, you'll need to loosen up all that tight muscle i used to do weight light twice a week at about 75% strength when i boxed at 11 3 i was about 12 and half when i first started training (to box) my weight was from weight training.
      I still weight trained when boxing but only to keep myself happy really cos i had done it for ages before and enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by SHANE, (from england)

CHEERS ALL
        Boxings would change you body shape a lot but IMO a boxers body looks a lot better than a bodybuilders. it looks a lot more natural and athletic.

Boxing has totally different strengths to lifting, i lifted a lot when i was a bit younger, i looked big but i'd say my overall strength is a lot better now. I cant bench, curl, etc as much as i did but i have a better range of movement and a lot better strength in other area's, not just the main muscles like the typical lifter. One of the things you notice is that you become a lot heavier but look smaller, your muscles compact to allow the cardio work. I'm about 17st +, the same height as you and i'd bet we didnt look 5st different if we stood next to each other.

I really dont want to put you off because boxings a great sport but one thing to watch out for at the boxing gyms is a lot of fighters target bodybuilders in sparring. Its probably the same reason i do it, for me its because i get a bit of grief from the roid heads when i'm out, especially the bouncers. I ****ing love it when a bouncer comes sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by theironone
          This should be in training and nutrition.

The cardio you need to do to box will bring your weight down i'm afraid, just keep your food intake high (but healthy) are you ripped or smooth cos if your smooth then you could lose the **** and still keep the strength, but BB strength won't help your boxing strength at all, you'll need to loosen up all that tight muscle i used to do weight light twice a week at about 75% strength when i boxed at 11 3 i was about 12 and half when i first started training (to box) my weight was from weight training.
          I still weight trained when boxing but only to keep myself happy really cos i had done it for ages before and enjoyed it.
          Dont listen to this fool!! he's a fatty and you dont need advice from his sort

Comment

I wanna box, but I can't take a punch and I have no heart

Comment

Go to a boxing gym and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego
                I wanna box, but I can't take a punch and I have no heart
                Well if you don't want to box then I wouldn't post this about yourself. The Klitchko Brothers are going to be looking for you if they see that.

Comment

Well, I don't need a chin or heart to beat Wlad, now do I? I'll fight him if he comes knockin

Comment

Exuse me devil my father used to be a bare knuckle gypsie champ and has never lost a fight.To be honest i live of his reputation to this day.

Comment

Working...
                    X