No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Sr. Padwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    It's more for flash and defense he shortens the boxers punch for one he doesn't teach you how to hit with power. He's just lucky that his son has a lot of talent he doesn't even need him for training nor corner work other than take the mouth piece out and rinse his mouth and wipe his face with the towel
    "I beat all these fighters with everything my dad taught me."
    -Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by YNG View Post
      I always thought that the Padwork sessions between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Roger Mayweather were more about looking good for the media than an actual boxing training.
      However, I really like the way Floyd Mayweather Sr. does his padwork, I believe that he is the best in the bussiness in that regard and during the all access of Mayweather vs McGregor there's a clip of that.
      Is there a full session avialable of Mayweather Jr. doing padwork with his dad?.
      How do you not see the value of Floyd Sr's padwork after boxing all this time? It's not meant to be flashy, its a call and response (in music, google it) design to train your lizard brain (google it) for counters. It's the best pad system to date. You get master level combo's with responsive integrations for countering all being improvised.

Comment

It's more for flash and defense he shortens the boxers punch for one he doesn't teach you how to hit with power. He's just lucky that his son has a lot of talent he doesn't even need him for training nor corner work other than take the mouth piece out and rinse his mouth and wipe his face with the towel
        How do you know if Floyd Sr. doesn't teach power? Pads aren't for power you mongoloid, its for accuracy and reactionary.

I see what's going on here, you boxed a little bit and think you know it all. You're talking basics, Floyd Sr. is an advanced trainer, arguably the best in the business. You're not supposed to throw all your punches long. Floyd is in the crease a lot and nobody throws long punches in the crease retárd.

He has a gift, Im just saying Mayweather Sr isn't as great of a trainer If you boxed you would know what I'm talking about you must reach a fighter to fully extend his arms when punching not slapping back that shortens the punch he never tells his fighters more hip rotation into the punches for maximum power out put
        I've not only competed in the am's, but also trained fighters. Pro and amateur fighters in my family, blah blah blah. YDKSAB. You're talking all basics, day 1 shít. You don't know jack about how Floyd Sr. trains his fighters to throw with power. Power isn't for the pads you casual. Sometimes you throw long and sometimes you don't. You got to look at the big picture here which is you're a basic bítch and they're top tier.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
          How do you know if Floyd Sr. doesn't teach power? Pads aren't for power you mongoloid, its for accuracy and reactionary.

I see what's going on here, you boxed a little bit and think you know it all. You're talking basics, Floyd Sr. is an advanced trainer, arguably the best in the business. You're not supposed to throw all your punches long. Floyd is in the crease a lot and nobody throws long punches in the crease retárd.

I've not only competed in the am's, but also trained fighters. Pro and amateur fighters in my family, blah blah blah. YDKSAB. You're talking all basics, day 1 shít. You don't know jack about how Floyd Sr. trains his fighters to throw with power. Power isn't for the pads you casual. Sometimes you throw long and sometimes you don't. You got to look at the big picture here which is you're a basic bítch and they're top tier.
          I fought in the Ams 100 fights, trained kids, my nephew to a National title. I train fighters to use power ,speed and defense on the focus pads maybe your knowledge needs more learning

Comment

I fought in the Ams 100 fights, trained kids, my nephew to a National title. I train fighters to use power ,speed and defense on the focus pads maybe your knowledge needs more learning
            How many world champs you had ?

Snr is in the top of his field and proven at the highest level while you are in a forum of teenagers telling them you know and he doesnt.

Comment

He has a gift, Im just saying Mayweather Sr isn't as great of a trainer If you boxed you would know what I'm talking about you must reach a fighter to fully extend his arms when punching not slapping back that shortens the punch he never tells his fighters more hip rotation into the punches for maximum power out put
              Floyd isn’t an atg just cause he was born that way. Sr taught him. To say he’s not a great trainer is ******ed. Hell even Oscar said sr is the best trainer he’s had. And that was only like 2 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                How many world champs you had ?

Snr is in the top of his field and proven at the highest level while you are in a forum of teenagers telling them you know and he doesnt.
                Sr made 1 fighter from the ground up them other world champs were created by people you don’t hear about cause they are not tied to the pro game . So don’t preach to me he had all these World Champs in boxing that’s called stealing a fighter that someone else created

Comment

Delete......
                  Last edited by Tom Cruise; 03-18-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Sr made 1 fighter from the ground up them other world champs were created by people you don’t hear about cause they are not tied to the pro game . So don’t preach to me he had all these World Champs in boxing that’s called stealing a fighter that someone else created
                    Not preaching you just asking how many WCs you had , so the answer is none. I trained a CW title holder in the 80s does that make me better or worse than you.

Have you had any notable fighters that anyone has heard off ?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X