Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's what Canelo should have done in the Mayweather fight.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
    makes me wonder how maidana would do against puszy boy floyd
    he had a good game plan against a half ass shoulder roll/philly shell, lets see how he does against the real thing. maidanas such a beast i say he has his successes throughout the fight like mosley did nd unless floyd lost a step, even the slightest, maidana might rock his world like he did to his son, bronerito lol
    Oh Maidana would give Mayweather more problems than Canelo did. Mayweather's defense is basically programmed to shut down technical fighters. Texbook fighters that throw 1-2's, guys like marquez and canelo.

Guys like maidana are awkward as hell and unconventional would give mayweather more problems because his shoulder is not designed to defend punches that come from different angles. That's why Floyd Sr. and Jr. himself have been avoiding pac. Pac's punches would short circuit mayweathers defense.

Comment

he had a good game plan against a half ass shoulder roll/philly shell, lets see how he does against the real thing. maidanas such a beast i say he has his successes throughout the fight like mosley did nd unless floyd lost a step, even the slightest, maidana might rock his world like he did to his son, bronerito lol
      was wondering the same thing ...maidana threw overhand rights followed by a left hook then reversed it a lot and it was very smart to penetrate broners defense..it was perfect, broner did not know what lead was coming. also take note that the only punch that really hurt floyd was the same punch ( overhand right) ...
      this is not to say marcos beat floyd but 2 things are sure ..1 , aint no way shape or form floyd stands in the pocket vs marcos 2. floyd aint beating marcos and look good...

the first kd marcos took a page off of gonzales kd of mares too , lil feint to the body then went up top , beatiful **** ...

Comment

he had a good game plan against a half ass shoulder roll/philly shell, lets see how he does against the real thing. maidanas such a beast i say he has his successes throughout the fight like mosley did nd if floyds lost a step, even the slightest, maidana might rock his world like he did to his son, bronerito lol
        Maidana would get schooled. You said so yourself: Floyd is the original; Broner is a bad imitation. A guy like Broner tries to mimic his idol's movements, but just doesn't have the skills and natural talent of Mayweather. Floyd seldom gets hit flush, Broner got hit repeatedly versus "Chino." The only thing I might give Broner over Floyd is power. Broner has some pretty heavy hands. Then again, Mayweather is more precise. While I had Maidana over Broner 115-110, I see Floyd shutting Marcos out. No comparison.

Comment

so maidana is the blueprint?

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
            Oh Maidana would give Mayweather more problems than Canelo did. Mayweather's defense is basically programmed to shut down technical fighters. Texbook fighters that throw 1-2's, guys like marquez and canelo.

Guys like maidana are awkward as hell and unconventional would give mayweather more problems because his shoulder is not designed to defend punches that come from different angles. That's why Floyd Sr. and Jr. himself have been avoiding pac. Pac's punches would short circuit mayweathers defense.
            Yeah, but Pac is Pac and Maidana is Maidana. Having a similar trait is one thing, but they're otherwise two completely different fighters.

Comment

you gotta be aaron pryor to pull this off.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Maidana would get schooled. You said so yourself: Floyd is the original; Broner is a bad imitation. A guy like Broner tries to mimic his idol's movements, but just doesn't have the skills and natural talent of Mayweather. Floyd seldom gets hit flush, Broner got hit repeatedly versus "Chino." The only thing I might give Broner over Floyd is power. Broner has some pretty heavy hands. Then again, Mayweather is more precise. While I had Maidana over Broner 115-110, I see Floyd shutting Marcos out. No comparison.
                floyd might very well school maidana but aint no way he'd school him via same aproach broner had...

Comment

I agree with a lot points here, of course that would have beena good plan for canelo.

But there are so many variants,

Canelo has never fought like that before its not his style at all so he wouldnt be as effective and would get severly countered, brone was very uneffective countering maidanas shots

also people think the shoulder roll its the main part of floyds defense, but in reality his footwork and his head movement are the main part of it, broner fought really flat footed i was surprised by that. I dont think floyd would stop moving against a maidana type of guy, and would pot shot him when he slows down.

Of course i would still watch it haha i am a hardcore fan ill watch anyfight i dont care.

Comment

Jump to 31:13, he tried to impose himself and got picked apart.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      floyd might very well school maidana but aint no way he'd school him via same aproach broner had...
                      Whatever approach Floyd were to choose would be the right one. And if he should found himself mistaken, he would adjust very early on and class would be promptly back in session.

Comment

Working...
                      X