Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good should your tickets be if going to a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good should your tickets be if going to a fight?

I've never personally been to a fight but I've always wanted to. One of the main reasons I've never gone is I'm poor and figure unless I can shell out the money for some great seats it wouldn't be worth it. I was wondering for any of you guys who have gone to a fight how close should you be to make it worth it? Is just being in the building an experience in itself or should you shell out the big money for good seats?

I got £50 seats for the DeGale-Groves fight and it was a plss take. Was right on the back row. Was so high up you could barely see anything.

I got £50 tickets for the Burns-Katsidis fight and they were very good. Was on the middle tier right at the bottom. So we was pretty much above the ring with nobody obstructing us.

You can get seats for cheap with a good view, but you have to be quick because they're the first to go.

Comment

ive been to hundreds of fights been going since i was a kid and when i was younger i could only afford the cheapest seats and hd just a good if not better time

seats mean **** if your a real fight fan
      just the atmoSpshere alone give you teh chills
      been to all types of sporting events
      NOTING COMPARES TO A GOOD FIGHT NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

GO! ASAP

Comment

try going to local fights, check out the atmosphere, check out the view and then it might help you out when the event gets bigger. Plus those are alot cheaper.

But as per your question, I've paid as high as $700 and I've paid for $20-$30 seats. yes closer gets you a better view but TBH I've had a better time in the cheaper seats. Or better yet, stick to the middle sections. My experience though, my opinion. Not everyone goes to get wasted and to talk smack for fun like I do.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
          ive been to hundreds of fights been going since i was a kid and when i was younger i could only afford the cheapest seats and hd just a good if not better time

seats mean **** if your a real fight fan
          just the atmoSpshere alone give you teh chills
          been to all types of sporting events
          NOTING COMPARES TO A GOOD FIGHT NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

GO! ASAP
          Thats right!

Comment

Only been to one fight, got the cheap seats but the fight wasn't as big as planned so we just went to a spot where we wanted to sit.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the responses. I figured since I didn't make a thread blasting Pacquiao or Mayweather I wouldn't get too many hit so thanks. I always figured just being in the arena would be worth it but figured it would may be hard to tell what was going on in the ring. I've gotten crap seats to football games but I figure that's different since the action is spread over so much more space. I actually live in Corpus Christi TX and am still kicking myself for not going to see Pwill. Can't believe I passed up the opportunity to see his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                Thanks guys for all the responses. I figured since I didn't make a thread blasting Pacquiao or Mayweather I wouldn't get too many hit so thanks. I always figured just being in the arena would be worth it but figured it would may be hard to tell what was going on in the ring. I've gotten crap seats to football games but I figure that's different since the action is spread over so much more space. I actually live in Corpus Christi TX and am still kicking myself for not going to see Pwill. Can't believe I passed up the opportunity to see his last fight.
                I dont let any event like thats in my area pass me by. Go to boxrec. To the far right, it says SHOWS SCHEDULE. Change/modify that to show your hometown and every week, check up on it to see what events are coming to areas near you. You can prolly plan that way. I dont know how far San Antonio is from you but Vazquez jr vs Donaire / Chavez jr -Rubio was held there earlier this year and it was televised on HBO. Not a bad event to go to.

Comment

if its a good fight then u can go and sit anywhere and have a really good time (just being there is quality). Sometimes tho the cheaper seats have a better view than the more expensive one's. I went to the calzaghe/kessler fight and since it was in a footy stadium a lot of the seats was on the ground level n i couldnt really see anything as i was about 15 rows from the front.

Comment

As good as you can afford to spend on fun things

Comment

Working...
                    X