Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's gonna be the #1 guy at 140 by the end of 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m real interested in 140 now because now with Bud gone it’s wide open so allot of guys can make a name for themselves

Prograis
    Iman
    Rodriguez
    Lipinets
    Barthemly
    Broner
    Garcia
    Josh Taylor

All can make some noise and stake their claim in the future

I’m purposely left out a Postol because he’s sh.it and is next in line to get exposed just like Indongo

If I was to bet $ I’d say Garcia if he sticks around followed by Taylor, Prograis and Iman

Comment

Taylor for me if he gets the fights. I think he's going to rise to the occasion and shock a lot of fans when he gets the big fights.

Comment

Could easily be Garcia, if not Linares or Lomo if they ever want to take 140.

Comment

It's the worst division in boxing and always will be whilst 147 is around. Cause if you are.good enough, you move up.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
            Taylor for me if he gets the fights. I think he's going to rise to the occasion and shock a lot of fans when he gets the big fights.
            He'd get slaughtered against Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              He'd get slaughtered against Mikey.
              Doubt it. Mikey hasn't fought a guy as big as Taylor that's as skilled as him. Taylor is a huge 140 fighter, is highly skilled and can punch, especially to the body. Does Mikey have to spar big welterweights and middleweights to get competative sparring like Taylor has to ? Theres a good chance Mikey gets slaughtered here. As good as Mikey is size matters.
              Last edited by DJ Enerate; 03-10-2018, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                I cannot see it. I last saw Lipinets struggle with that hondo dude badly. That is why Mikey targeted him.
                I think Mikey targeted him myself as a easy W. I'm working with his entire body of work more than that 1 fight doe & he's no easy W.

I think it will be Prograis or that Ramirez guy.
                What do you like about Ramirez that you think he'll be up there? He's been too guarded for me to have that much confidence in him yet. This Imam fight is gonna say alot about him for me.

Comment

Mikey Garcia, but its highly debatable if he will actually even remain there.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                    I’m real interested in 140 now because now with Bud gone it’s wide open so allot of guys can make a name for themselves

Prograis
                    Iman
                    Rodriguez
                    Lipinets
                    Barthemly
                    Broner
                    Garcia
                    Josh Taylor

All can make some noise and stake their claim in the future

I’m purposely left out a Postol because he’s sh.it and is next in line to get exposed just like Indongo

If I was to bet $ I’d say Garcia if he sticks around followed by Taylor, Prograis and Iman
                    Forgot all about Josh Taylor, Taylor Vs Mikey Garcia would be very interesting, Mikey wouldn't have it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Clenelo View Post
                      Forgot all about Josh Taylor, Taylor Vs Mikey Garcia would be very interesting, Mikey wouldn't have it easy.
                      Yeah agree it has the potential to be a good fight

Mikey is clearly the best of the bunch but think he’s trying to be a star and hanging around 140 beating guys who don’t have a name yet won’t do that so he’ll probably just fight in between 135-147 fighting the biggest names he can find don’t think he gives a s.hit about staying in 1 division and making a run it’s about $, new belts at new weights and big names for him

But for me Taylor , Prograis and Iman all have a good chance of doing their thing in the division and have the best shot holding down the #1 spot

, Berthamly has a chance to make some noise he’s slept on and Lipinets might suprise

the dark horse if he took the sport seriously and wasn’t a walking minstrel show would be Broner

This division would be great for the 2nd season of the WBSS if all the top dogs signed on

Comment

Working...
                      X