Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is Floyd Snr as a trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how good is floyd sr as a trainer?? well, let the video speaks for itself.

even after knowing what limited pacman is gon do, his fighter still got caught with that very same move that they were making fun of the pacman.. in my opinion, sr is a better comedian than he is a trainer.

Comment

floyd sr: beee beeee beee pat

Comment

I think that Roger was a better communicator than sr. I’ll leave it at that

Comment

Comes across as a crackhead and his own son left him so I'm guessing not very.

Comment

Floyd sr is one of the best, if not the best trainer in the world today.

what he has done speaks for itself. people trying to take away credit for his sons achievments are just silly to me. yes, Floyd was very talented. but you still need someone to harness that talent. besides, nobody is born with skills and Floyd jr's skills are his his greatest assets. in addition to his mind, which i think he also got in part from his father bringing him up the way he did (for better and for worse).

Chad Dawson was at his best with Floyd sr, DLH credits him as the best trainer he has ever had and DLH worked with a bunch of great trainers.

the thing about sr is he has a very, let's call it special personality that doesnt blend well with everyone. he seems to have mellowed out a bit in recent years though. but for a long time that was an issue, i know Chad left him because he didnt like the way Floyd sr would speak to him, saying he would call him a ****** and stuff like that (lol).

but the job he did before that speaks for itself. as does the work with jr and DLH. he really improved DLHs defense and his right hand without taking away what made him good in the first place.

whatever someone wrote about him teaching everyone the shoulder roll and changing their style is simply not true. he adds to their style, obviously from his perspective of how someone should fight. but i think he views things quite right. only thing he forces on people is a good jab, defense, good foot positioning, patience and an emphasis on speed. not necessarily over power but rather to set it up. common sense basics in other words.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              how good is floyd sr as a trainer?? well, let the video speaks for itself.

even after knowing what limited pacman is gon do, his fighter still got caught with that very same move that they were making fun of the pacman.. in my opinion, sr is a better comedian than he is a trainer.

Floyd had hatton for his fight vs paulie and he outboxed paulie not just out muscled him.

Agree with the others that he tries to change fighter's style too much.

Vs Pacman, hatton was not listening, Sr tried to get him to "move his damn head" but hatton just kept coming in straight forward. Either under pressure or getting rocked, hatton reverted to what he knows and didnt try being more defensive.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Floyd had hatton for his fight vs paulie and he outboxed paulie not just out muscled him.

Agree with the others that he tries to change fighter's style too much.

Vs Pacman, hatton was not listening, Sr tried to get him to "move his damn head" but hatton just kept coming in straight forward. Either under pressure or getting rocked, hatton reverted to what he knows and didnt try being more defensive.
                he's not a good trainer then.. all that should have been corrected during camp. but sr was too busy writing jokes about the joke coach roach! lol
                Last edited by WesternChamp; 02-18-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  He is very good only if you can understand what he is saying, which is a challenge in itself..
                  Lmfaopooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    Floyd sr is one of the best, if not the best trainer in the world today.

what he has done speaks for itself. people trying to take away credit for his sons achievments are just silly to me. yes, Floyd was very talented. but you still need someone to harness that talent. besides, nobody is born with skills and Floyd jr's skills are his his greatest assets. in addition to his mind, which i think he also got in part from his father bringing him up the way he did (for better and for worse).

Chad Dawson was at his best with Floyd sr, DLH credits him as the best trainer he has ever had and DLH worked with a bunch of great trainers.

the thing about sr is he has a very, let's call it special personality that doesnt blend well with everyone. he seems to have mellowed out a bit in recent years though. but for a long time that was an issue, i know Chad left him because he didnt like the way Floyd sr would speak to him, saying he would call him a ****** and stuff like that (lol).

but the job he did before that speaks for itself. as does the work with jr and DLH. he really improved DLHs defense and his right hand without taking away what made him good in the first place.

whatever someone wrote about him teaching everyone the shoulder roll and changing their style is simply not true. he adds to their style, obviously from his perspective of how someone should fight. but i think he views things quite right. only thing he forces on people is a good jab, defense, good foot positioning, patience and an emphasis on speed. not necessarily over power but rather to set it up. common sense basics in other words.
                    This right here.

In spite of Foreman spending the whole fight b!tching about Oscar needing to go back to his ‘old style’, those hard and accurate right hands ODLH threw against Vargas eventually turned that fight around (and set up that left hook) And that, along with the much better upper body movement, was all Mayweather Sr.

IMO, ODLH’s most complete performance.

And people forget how good Dawson looked under him.

Comment

Working...
                    X