Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
    Floyd Mayweather's accomplishments:

- Olympic bronze medalist
    - Champion in 5 weight divisions
    - Lineal champion in 4 weight divisions
    - 12 time world champion
    - 26-0 in championship fights
    - 24-0 against former or current world champions
    - 12-0 against former or current lineal champions
    - 49-0
    - Best P4P fighter in the world for a total of almost 8 years
    - Been in the top 10 P4P since the 90s till his retirement in 2007 and again from 2009 till 2015 (as number 1)
    - Was lineal champion in 2 weight classes at the same time, 4 belts 2 at 147 and 2 at 154 in his late 30s.
    - sold 19.5 million in pay-per-view buys and $1.3 billion in revenue throughout his career.
    - Highest paid athlete in the world for 4 consecutive years.
    - Best P4P fighter of all time according to Boxrec
    - Best welterweight ever according to Boxrec
    - 3 Time fighter of the year according to BWAA, 2 times according to the Ring magazine, 6 times ESPY fighter of the year.
    - Most accurate and best defense according to punchstat numbers.
    - Never been knocked down by a punch landed on him.
    - 2nd Most talked about fighter in the history of modern boxing after Muhammad Ali.
    Boxrec? Really dude?

And also Mayweather was not P4P number 1 from 2009 to 2015, Pacquiao took over that Ranking at 2008 when Floyd retired being the P4P 1 in 2007 and Pac was no.1 from 2008 till 2012 before losing to Timothy Bradley.

And Also....compubox? WTF who takes compuxbox as something as accurate which is just to old men pressing buttons if they see whether or not a punch lands.

Knocked down by Zab Judah

0-0 against Prime All time great Fighters/hall of famers
    24-0 against B-class title holders and some wins in passed prime A class figters, And I don't even consider Pacs 21 wins against holders that high for there are too many belts here.

Olympics? He was fed with a silver spoon, Pacquiao did not had any luxury because he was a starving teenage kid fighting for food.

Money- Irrelivant
    Fighter of the Year 3 times, fighter of the year 3 times, pretty even for both. But did not have fighter of the decade.

Lineal Champion in four weight classes, well Manny got five
    Champion in five weight classes, well Manny got 8
    Moved up in weight six times, well Manny moved up in 12.

Head to head, PBF got the win against an injured fighter, both passed their primes, pretty sad that we never get to see Prime for Prime.

49-0 well Ricardo lopez is 51-0

But still top lower 15 material for me, proably my top 11, and Pac would be at top 7-8, the two did great achievements but I think Pac gets the nod.
    Last edited by Thraxox; 10-25-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Mike Tyson top 10 all time

Mike was the man don't get me wrong but having him top 10 all time is fanboyism and not reality. Probably top 10 heavyweight of all time though.

Chavez in the top 10 is also highly questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
        Mike Tyson top 10 all time

Mike was the man don't get me wrong but having him top 10 all time is fanboyism and not reality. Probably top 10 heavyweight of all time though.

Chavez in the top 10 is also highly questionable.
        A Lot of people have him at top 10 but this is opinionated. Mike Tyson did what none will do in the future or perhaps forever, unifying the heavyweight division at the age of 20. And I think Chavez got on the spot. He is the longest reigning champion ever having to defend his belts for 32 times. Longer than any elses and had beat prime ATG fighters in Camacho.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          A Lot of people have him at top 10 but this is opinionated. Mike Tyson did what none will do in the future or perhaps forever, unifying the heavyweight division at the age of 20. And I think Chavez got on the spot. He is the longest reigning champion ever having to defend his belts for 32 times. Longer than any elses and had beat prime ATG fighters in Camacho.
          Title defences don't tell the whole story otherwise Chavez would be undisputed number 1 of all time.

Camacho was at his best from 130-135.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
            Title defences don't tell the whole story otherwise Chavez would be undisputed number 1 of all time.

Camacho was at his best from 130-135.
            I never said that he was no.1 I was just saying that he is top 10, but if what you are saying then we have to dissect all of the careers of great fighters which dissolves their achievements. Like you said, there has to be a whole stories in their fights, but if we do tht we realize that they aren't really the greats that we are making them out to be.

Comment

Working...
            X