No announcement yet.

A new dawn begins in boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new dawn begins in boxing...

Feels that way. This has been the big thing casting a shadow over boxing for the last 5-6 years. No matter how many good fights we had and some exciting fighters coming through, this was always the thing everybody still talked about. It dominated this forum for years, a war of words between fans of both guys. Having to sift though pages and pages of topics about these guys to find other subjects within boxing.

Now it happened, it's over. Mayweather won easily, he has nothing to prove. Give him his dues, he's an all time great, up there with the best. When the news guys come through, we'll all be saying how they wouldn't have beaten Floyd, just like they do now with Leonard, Hearns et al. Pacquiao gave everyone a few special years too and should be remembered as a great who went through divisions in style. These guys will be gone very soon and i feel like a shadow has lifted off boxing, not saying they made it worse, just i think this needed to happen so we can let boxing breath again.

There's a lot of good exciting fighters out there like Golovkin, Kovalev, Thurman, Crawford, Lomachenko etc...and exiting times ahead. I think now this is over, it will breath new life into boxing in a way and the path is clear.

I don't think it will have made boxing any new fans, far from it. But for us who watch it week in-week out, i think it will become more enjoyable. It's been a trip though!

Great fukin post bro agreed

Comment

great post and i agree. i want a new rising. not going back to the dullness of the past. hopefully boxing gets new life.

Comment

Yup let the next era begin!

Comment

Lomachenko was my favorite fighter of the night.

I want to see him versus Walters.

Comment

And this was the fight supposed to revive and bring boxing back to life... Let down of the Century

Comment

Great post, this fight closed a big chapter in boxing. It's time to move on and put the spotlight on other matches and fighters.

Comment

Boxing is done

Comment

It's over boys.

Boxing will not rise. It will shrink.

It's not about skills to the casual zombies that make the sport profitable.

It's about entertainment and has always been that way.

This is MMA's window of opportunity to rise to the casual stock. Boxing is headed towards niche status. The dream is done. Nobody in the mainstream cares about GGG, Lomachenko, Wilder etc.. Heavyweight division is all but dead.

All the casuals will generalize and assume that tonight was the sport's best offering.
                  Last edited by ThePunchingBag; 05-03-2015, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Good post. Once gbp gets that injunction on PBC, the new era can begin.

War Boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X