Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime hopkins vs prime toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would go with bhop.. toney more talented but not as committed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
      Who takes it??????
      James Toney UD or James Toney via Hopkins faking again lol. I think Toney would drop him too. Hopkins is one of the most overrated fighters ever... if his resume was dissected the way people do to Mayweather or Pac people would open their eyes. Hopkins credentials get overlooked because of his age. Im not saying he's not a good fighter he is... imo he's overrated. Making a career off smaller men like Tito, ODLH, and Pavlik isn't that great of a feat compared to his contemporaries. He got beat by Taylor and Dawson... plus faked injuries like a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
        James Toney UD or James Toney via Hopkins faking again lol. I think Toney would drop him too. Hopkins is one of the most overrated fighters ever... if his resume was dissected the way people do to Mayweather or Pac people would open their eyes. Hopkins credentials get overlooked because of his age. Im not saying he's not a good fighter he is... imo he's overrated. Making a career off smaller men like Tito, ODLH, and Pavlik isn't that great of a feat compared to his contemporaries. He got beat by Taylor and Dawson... plus faked injuries like a ****.
        You can't be serious man.............come on now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
          This was just a terrible uneducated post man..Hopkins is far from overrated if anything he is underrated..the man cleaned out 160 and yea he lost to Taykor in 2 close fights when he was freakin 40..then he has gone on to be a top champ at 175 and yea he lost to Dawson at 47 man...

Comment

toney.......

Comment

Toney is slicker, quicker, and more of a nigga.

Basically, Toney is a Silverback gorilla and Hopkins is just a bitch ass chimpanzee.

Toney beats his ass like a runaway slave.

WHO NEXT! I GOT MILK BABY.

Last edited by punchr; 11-03-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Hopkins should win in my opinion in a fight that goes the distance and is fairly close. Toney was a great fighter in his prime but Hopkins was a little bit better and cooler under pressure. Hopkins is far more consistent than Toney and has been in top condition for every fight he ever had. Toney was not in top shape for many of his fights. Both are very smart, skillful boxer-punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  This was just a terrible uneducated post man..Hopkins is far from overrated if anything he is underrated..the man cleaned out 160 and yea he lost to Taykor in 2 close fights when he was freakin 40..then he has gone on to be a top champ at 175 and yea he lost to Dawson at 47 man...
                  Larry don't ever call me uneducated. I had a higher IQ at 10 years old than you currently have. Oscar and Tito cleaned up 160 for Hopkins... he beat both guys though. Oscar in his 6th weight class and imo lost to Sturm and Tito in his 3rd weight class. Tito got head butted numerous times in that bout... Hopkins special lead right followed by his head. Name a good win Hopkins had in his prime!? What age is Hopkins prime? Hopkins was unknown is his physical prime while Toney and Jones were stars and both moved up more divisions and have better wins. It's always he was old when he lost lmao... Hopkins is only a 2 weight champ and lost to two fighters that got beat by supposed lesser fighters than Hopkins hence why in MY opinion he's vastly overrated. Would Hopkins vs Kovalev be such a good fight if Hopkins wasn't almost 50? He's getting all his credit due to his age.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    one could seriously debate those losses to Taylor as well, especially considering Hopkins did exactly what he said he would do "taking Jermaine out to deep water and drowning him."

If Hopkins and Toney fought prime....WOW!! One guy was a natural talent who made everything look easy, the other guy a tactician, an inside fighter who could outhink you, find your bad habits and make you pay for them. I couldn't predict who would win that one.... Two great fighters with different skill sets.

Here are some points to consider:

a) Hopkins could take away Toney's counter punching by using a jab and jumping inside instead of trying to combo punch after the jab because the michigan shoulder roll has a weakness against a jab.

b) Toney could time Hopkins coming in and hold his own inside....though Toney, as a boxer puncher likes to operate outside this range to get shots off.

Comment

Great speed and athleticism seems to give Hopkins problems which Toney doesn't necessarily bring to the table but workrate gives Toney problems and Hopkins definitely doesn't bring that to the table.

But i would still go with Hopkins, much more accomplished at the weight and comfortable at 160 unlike Toney plus i think being the taller of the two he would force Toney to be the aggressor which would open up doors for Hopkins to exploit.

Comment

Working...
                      X