Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks the HW division is the only division that really matters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the HW division went extinct...

Comment

i just want to echo earlier sentiments that this thread is one of the stupidest in BS history.

Comment

WOW! there is a lot of butt hurt people in here.

I am just being honest. Boxing used to be HUUUUUUUGE in the 90's early 2000's. Now it's nowhere as big as it used to be, and the only reason I can think of is because THE PUBLIC WANTS TO SEE GREAT HEAVYWEIGHTS GO AT IT. don't get me wrong, the lower weights are ok at times, but they are simple merely novelties compared to the heavyweight division.

People wanna see heavyweights. And you people wonder why boxing isn't anywhere as big as it used to be.

Comment

If the Heavyweight division is all u care about then I feel very bad for you as a boxing fan. Wtf do u watch????

Comment

That's why the two highest ppvs are 154lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by big_AL View Post

I am just being honest. Boxing used to be HUUUUUUUGE in the 90's early 2000's. Now it's nowhere as big as it used to be, and the only reason I can think of is because THE PUBLIC WANTS TO SEE GREAT HEAVYWEIGHTS GO AT IT. don't get me wrong, the lower weights are ok at times, but they are simple merely novelties compared to the heavyweight division.

People wanna see heavyweights. And you people wonder why boxing isn't anywhere as big as it used to be.
              I can see what your saying but if all u care about is the heavyweights then your missing out on so much great boxing that it's not even funny. I literally feel sorry for u.

Comment

If you only care about the heavyweight division, all I can say is you are missing out. There are so many good fighters at lower weights while the heavyweight division is at it's worst point in some time.

Just because a flyweight can't knock me out doesn't mean I shouldn't respect what he does in the ring.

Comment

Remind me again what is that record holder ppv fight at heavyweight again?? Sad thing is maybe once upon a time it could have been but now...the chance of that happening now is just laughable even. Idk wtf you even watch in boxing if you feel the heavyweight class is superior it's probably the most devoid of talent division there is or that it has been for the past 50 years.

Comment

The HW division is crap...if anything, it'a the least important of all for about 10+ years now.

Comment

90s? 80s boxing >>> 90s. aside from tyson, for the most part it was because of the lower weights.

Comment

Working...
                      X