Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most exciting fighter of every generation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
    so was erik morales homie
    Morales was a badass, I always enjoyed watching him too.

Comment

Tyson has to be 80s, 70s I say Frazier, 90s I say DLH, 00s I say Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Carmen Basilio was always exciting.
        yes.. Basilio was a very exciting fighter and crowd favourite

Comment

In the 50's my pick for the most exciting fighter has got to be Gil Turner, the guy had some of the craziest wars I have seen, just an all action fighter in every sense of the word.

For the 60's a guy who delivered many excellent technical wars was Lionel Rose, the most exciting slick boxer-type I've watched fight by a mile.

The 70's was owned by Danny "Little Red" Lopez, he was in so many up-down fights and staged many dramatic comebacks.

The 80's I would give to Bobby Chacon for his two FOTY winning fights with Limon and Boza Edwards as well as his fights at lightweight with Mancini (though it's kind of hard to watch if you're a fan of Chacon) and his war with Frias.

The 90's I would give to Evander Holyfield, his fights with Bowe, Dokes, Stewart and Cooper are some of my favorite HW fights ever.

00's are probably the hardest era for me to choose just because I have seen more fighters in this era then any other but if I was forced to make a choice it would be Manny Pacquiao. He delivers exciting performances in almost everyone of his fights, he really takes it upon himself to get people their money's worth come fight night.

Comment

this is pricessless

Comment

So many guys that people forget about. Bobby Chacon, Limon and Edwards were all in non stop wars as was Little Red. Iran Barkley had about a million classic wars with guys like Eddie Hall, Robbie Sims, Duran, and many others. Gatti and Ward of course; not their three fights only but many of their others. Fighting Harada was in many great fights. He was just like Pacquiao is today. Always gave a great fight.

Marquez, Morales and Barrera all gave many great fights with Morales being the standout; I think Morales is probably the pick of all of those guys though including Pacman. The amount of real wars he was in was staggering; Chavez, McCullough, Hernandez, Pac x 2, Barrera x 3, Chi, Diaz, Zaragoza.

That heavyweight contender guy from ten years ago...can't remember right now. Holyfield, Chiquita Gonzalez, and a big forgotten guy and one of my favourites. Jung Koo Chang! Man, his wars were amazing. What a rabid little psycho he was.

Fletcher, Hilton, too many.

Comment

A guy who many wouldn't think about as a guy with many exciting wars was Kennedy MicKinney; his fights with Barrera, Ncita and Jones are absolute classics.

I don't really think Tyson is the type of guy for this thread. His fights were more based on expectancy as to when the KO would come and how, not whether it would. He was in many exciting fights but they weren't genuine excitement as it was more based on one sided KOs with that expectancy factor.

In the 80's Chacon's numerous wars with Limon, and Edwards, plus Frias, Mancini (not sure it wss that much of a war really as one sided as it was), Roach etc was more than Tyson in my opinion.

Barkley's knock down, drag out wars with Olijade, Duran, Williams, Hall, Simms, Hearns, etc were all throughout the 80's.

Comment

Barrera/Morales/Marquez are all more exciting than Pacquiao in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    Barrera/Morales/Marquez are all more exciting than Pacquiao in my opinion.
                    By far..........

Comment

I rate Pacquiao as an immensely exciting fighter. A little less so of late, as he's been trouncing the opposition with little return fire, but even allowing for that, how can you not love a super-fast, power-punching, defensively-deficient fighter who marks up, cuts, swells, & never stops throwing?

He's absolutely ahead of Marquez & Barrera (exciting fighters in their own right), & really only second on that list above me to Morales.

Comment

Working...
                      X