Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Castillo Create the Blueprint to Beat Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Castillo Create the Blueprint to Beat Mayweather?

I've heard a lot of people say Castillo created the blueprint to beat Mayweather. If that's true, why hasn't Mayweather lost yet? Why didn't Castillo's blueprint work in the rematch? Is Mayweather really susceptible to losing to a pressure fighter?

No, he didnt create the blue print. He just caught a Floyd who was clearly overlooking him at the time, a Mayweather who was not in his prime yet, and a guy who he was way bigger & stronger then. It was a shock to Floyd and Castillo was a beast.

Since then Floyd has reached his prime, is much more sturdy on his feet, and has never overlooked an opponent since. He also is a much more complete Offeniisve fighter then he was back then. I had always wanted to see Floyd give Castillo another rematch after that N'Dou fight. That was the fight when Floyd really started being more Offensive and reached his prime. I know a fight with Castillo at that time wouldve looked totally different. At times against Castillo, Floyd would flat out run around. No matter how big & strong you are, you will never see Floyd do that again. He's much more set on his feet. He moves but its only suttle stuff.

What actually happened in that fight is Castillo may have given the blue print but then Floyd immediatly fixed those problems. Thats why he is a All Time Great. Its still crazy how Castillo was way bigger then Floyd and everyone will tell you that he's still a bigger man then Floyd but Floyd is beating guys like Oscar at 154 while being outweighed by 20 pounds and Castillo has "just" moved up from a 135 pounds. Thats crazy and it tells you how good Floyd is. Castillo hasnt even looked good in 1 single fight at 140 in his whole career. He's like Margarito, they win because they were a million times bigger then there opponent but at 140 & 154 that is neturalized

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
      I've heard a lot of people say Castillo created the blueprint to beat Mayweather. If that's true, why hasn't Mayweather lost yet? Why didn't Castillo's blueprint work in the rematch? Is Mayweather really susceptible to losing to a pressure fighter?
      I think any fighter especially slick fighters are susceptible to pressure, but in terms of mayweather, i dont think a hatton type pressure fighter will cause him problems, there are different kinds of pressure.

De La Hoya pressured mayweather with a jab and did well for much of their fight, but never really came close to beating mayweather.

A fighter who comes in and looks to bang with floyd will most likely end up on his ass, floyd has been fighting those kinds of fighters throughout his career and thrives on being chased around the ring by bigger guys, it gives him openings.

So no castillo did not provide the blueprint, mayweather was clearly hurt in the 1st fight, asked for his shoulder to be massaged after round one, and kept turning southpaw to give his left shoulder a rest from jabbing. And mayweather still clearly won the fight (as anyone who has actually seen it will most likely tell you)

The way to beat him is probably to back him up with a jab and interrupt his rythm and timing, guys like Hatton who walk up to fighters in a line are susceptible to getting picked off. Floyd like fighters chasing him, they fight at his pace and they will most likely gas out, Corrales aimlessly stalked mayweather around the ring for most of that fight, and floyd kept hitting him with the same left hook lead, corrales just couldnt see it.

When floyd fights these guys he looked to make them come forward, make them move, probably so they cant get set, also because he spars 15 min rounds, he can fight at that pace for 12 rounds, no one else can i dont think, then he potshots.
      Last edited by Technical_Skill; 06-21-2007, 05:55 PM.

Comment

hbo and floyd are going steady so ur never gona beat him on the cards.. u gota take him out..

Comment

What Oscar did the first seven rounds is the blueprint.

Comment

The way to beat Mayweather is the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              that's what i think too.....a stiff jab will do it and circle to the left

Comment

I don't know if anyone can actually execute it but the only way to beat a guy like Mayweather is with a stiff jab. See Vernon Forrest v. Shane Mosley. A jab can neutralize some of Mayweather's tremendous speed and keep him from getting set to counterpunch. That being said it is a lot easier said than done.

Comment

and what was that blueprint??

hope he gets injured??

i think de la hoya had the best strategy outside of zab judah to beat mayweather...stick the jab in his chest to neutralize his speed.

Comment

another mexican legend I presume..please tell us what oscar did the first 7 rounds, because I saw a whole lot of nothing being thrown floyds way. In the middle of the ring oscar was all defense and I don't think he threw a single right hand in the middle of the ring the whole fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X