Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward is so great, why all the controversy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Ya *****s need to start red K'ing TS for real.
    Not my fault Larry lost his mind and is digging up my old threads.

Please enjoy this complimentary low blow from round 7 that the ref ignored, or is it a lie?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Because there's a lot of malcontent bytches in this world that resort to tantrums when they lose. Same as the Hillary Clinton fans.
      And that b1tch won't ever shut up....she should be talking from a ****ing jail cell.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        You all are creating the controvery...there really is none. The better man won, it's done, it's over, it's finished, there's no other plain way to say it, so just stop your crying and b1tching.
        Blame Larry, he is the one that dug up this thread...

Here is a complimentary low blow from Round 7 that the ref ignored. It's on the house:

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          Blame Larry, he is the one that dug up this thread...

Here is a complimentary low blow from Round 7 that the ref ignored. It's on the house:

But see...i don't give a ****, ward won, he rocked the Russian boogey man and that's all there is to it....put them in 10 more fights together and ward will still win...i accept ward is not only the winner, but now the man at 175. /thread

Comment

Why so much controversy? Same reason Hopkins vs. Calzaghe was controversial on the forums. TRIBALISM. In the case of that fight there was a lot of nationalism involved as well but it was racial. Hopkins made that comment about nobody White beating him and everybody's inner Stormtrooper came out. Worldwide. When Joe got the decision it was a hallelujah moment for boxing fans of "European ancestry" all over the globe.

But.. What's even funnier was Hopkins vs. Calzaghe is also the reason so many fans hate Ward to this day. Anyone who was around at the time knows how it trickled down - and over. The war over who won Hopkins vs. Calzaghe and the tribalism stuff got transposed onto Kessler (who was supposed to be Calzaghe's flagship victory). When Ward took Kessler apart it was like OJ killed Nicole all over again. It was ugly.

This in a nutshell is why they hate Ward so much and always will.. Always felt bad for the guy.. He was just doing his job. Whether he had mugged Kessler and tried to brain damage him with his forehead in the process or not beating him probably wouldn't have mattered that much. He was a marked man regardless. It was Bernard who opened Pandora's box in their little boxing continuum..

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
              But see...i don't give a ****, ward won, he rocked the Russian boogey man and that's all there is to it....put them in 10 more fights together and ward will still win...i accept ward is not only the winner, but now the man at 175. /thread
              I'm happy you found your man, I wish you joy together. But no one forced you into this thread, you're not a prisoner here, so you can move right along.

Comment

you ppl just look for excuses. RJJ made the point after the fight about european fighters being too used to the amateur ranks and not knowing the kind of tricks of the trade pro fighters do in other parts of the world.

ward is smart, he will adapt to his opponents flaws. if his opponents dont know how to bite down on their mouthpiece and get grimey in there. if they are mentally weak and start looking at the ref rather than fight back, he will exploit that.

it is not like nobody ever tried this with him. froch, bika and miranda all tried to punk ward the same way. except there aint no punking ward, he never looked to the ref, he just did what a great champion does.

guys like DLH, Floyd, RJJ, Leonard, robinson, benitez.. some of the most technical and pure fighters the world ever seen, none of them were brawler type guys. but none of them would fold, roll over and get punked like Kovalev was. Crawford is another modern example of a beautiful technician who would never turn cry baby in there.

you know what he said? he knew the fight was over when Kovalev started crying and complaining.

this is pro boxing, you guys love to play this card when a fighter you like loses, but when it is the other way around you dont give a ****.

because it is not even like Kovalev is a clean fighter himself, he threw several rabbit punches most of which were clearly on purpose. while i dont Think ward cared much if some shots strayed low i dont think he aimed low either. there wasnt nearly as many low blows as you make out either, many of them were a case of high trunks on Kovalevs part. far more rabbit punches, ward just didnt ***** about it.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  you ppl just look for excuses. RJJ made the point after the fight about european fighters being too used to the amateur ranks and not knowing the kind of tricks of the trade pro fighters do in other parts of the world.

ward is smart, he will adapt to his opponents flaws. if his opponents dont know how to bite down on their mouthpiece and get grimey in there. if they are mentally weak and start looking at the ref rather than fight back, he will exploit that.

it is not like nobody ever tried this with him. froch, bika and miranda all tried to punk ward the same way. except there aint no punking ward, he never looked to the ref, he just did what a great champion does.

guys like DLH, Floyd, RJJ, Leonard, robinson, benitez.. some of the most technical and pure fighters the world ever seen, none of them were brawler type guys. but none of them would fold, roll over and get punked like Kovalev was. Crawford is another modern example of a beautiful technician who would never turn cry baby in there.

you know what he said? he knew the fight was over when Kovalev started crying and complaining.

this is pro boxing, you guys love to play this card when a fighter you like loses, but when it is the other way around you dont give a ****.

because it is not even like Kovalev is a clean fighter himself, he threw several rabbit punches most of which were clearly on purpose. while i dont Think ward cared much if some shots strayed low i dont think he aimed low either. there wasnt nearly as many low blows as you make out either, many of them were a case of high trunks on Kovalevs part. far more rabbit punches, ward just didnt ***** about it.
                  Yes high trunks clearly,

Round 7:

Round 8:

Comment

I'm going to answer this as if it is a serious question. It's because to a casual fan Ward's boxing skills are not readily apparent. Ward is in the pocket the opponent is throwing it looks like he's winning, it looks like he's more effective and in fact to a small degree he is, but Ward is slowly figuring out and finding the weaknesses the opponents limitations and then he transitions to setting him up and executing. He's a master of the sweet science, but it's subtle it's hard to appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                      I'm happy you found your man, I wish you joy together. But no one forced you into this thread, you're not a prisoner here, so you can move right along.
                      The problem ultimately is you can't get over it. Trust me, acceptance really helps when you're so butthurt. All I've seen from you is b1tch whining. The fight is over...it ended in the 8th, that's it! It's done and over, ward won and no amount of going around in circles will change anything. Why can you not grasp that?

Comment

Working...
                      X