Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder Finally Responds To Eddie Hearn's HUGE Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder talks a big game, but his actions never back up his words. His "resume" is a disgrace for a so called champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Time View Post
      The thing is will Stiverne accept that step aside money. And Wilder seems like he doesn't want to fight Whyte. Looks like it's most likely going to be Stiverne next for Wilder.

But that dude you're debating with makes a great point in that they really need to get Joshua and Wilder fighting each other by next year or so because one or both of them may run the risk of losing.

You want to strike while the iron is hot. Fights can only marinate for so long. Lessons should be learned from Mayweather-Pacquiao and to a lesser degree Golovkin-Canelo. These promoters, managers, etc....should be wanting to enhance boxing and lift boxing up.

Rematches can always be fought. They may even perhaps fight a trilogy. But the fans and the good of boxing deserve a Heavyweight Mega Fight between Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder while they are both undefeated and both champions.

Anything less than that when these two first fight each other is a let down, a shame and a black eye for the sport of boxing.
      The iron isnt hot though, at the moment Joshuas next voluntary will be going to Fury if hes fit. British public aint calling out for him to fight Wilder, noone knows who he is

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
        so that means wilder fights whyte next then still has to fight stieverne after.

that prolongs the fight even longer.

**** that.

we want wilder vs Joshua for all the marbles.

not wilder vs whyte.

as a boxing fan you should be ashamed for wanting to see anything else in the heavyweight division other than the two undefeated knockout artists against each other.

I want Wilder vs AJ!! That’s why I want Wilder to fight Whyte.. if Wilder beats Whyte the whole UK will ask for that fight! Especially if he beats him better than AJ did. Whyte is a name in the UK.. Wilder is unknown here and in the US. What has Wilder done to deserve AJ? Nothing.. Fight Whyte then we can get the AJ fight going. Its a good comparison fight to see who beats Whyte better..

If they can pay step aside to Stiverne once they can do it again.. Hearn has already said he is willing to drop the IBF for big fights with Fury or Wilder.. So it might even happen next but Wilder has to fight in the UK against someone like Whyte first to build his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          Which is a price Hearn would never pay for a Wilder-Whyte fight.
          I don't really like Wilder-Whyte but if AJ & Parker isn't happening I don't mind seeing Whyte(another Stiverne types of opponent) knowing that Ortiz isn't happening of course..

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
            first off wlad hasn't said he invoked his rematch clause yet. so stop talking like its a done deal

second stieverne is wilder's mandatory. you just gloss over that. you respect Joshua fighting his mandatory but you have a problem with wilder fighting his.

last but not least, you say wilder should fight whyte then he gets Joshua next. well you just said out your own mouth that Joshua has to fight pulev after wlad so how can wilder be next?

Hearn dont want Joshua nowhere near that wilder right hand.

unifications superceed mandatories

the sad part is we will never see the fight because both of them are gonna get clipped while Hearn marinates the fight. they are both too fragile to prolong this. neither man has the chin to last year's while the fight marinates

this fight needs to happen at the top of 2018. ibf belt or not

One thing about the sanctioning bodies is that they are consistently inconsistent.

Unifications are what we have known and thought to supercede mandatories.

In the case of Indongo, I think that's his name. He wants to unify with Crawford but the IBF is threatening to strip him if he does that.

I definitely agree with you that by next year or so they need to get the Joshua-Wilder fight made.

The risk of one or both losing and trying to marinate to long is a dangerous game to play.

So yeah, strike while the iron is hot. Lessons need to be learned from Mayweather-Pacquiao and Golovkin-Canelo to a lesser degree.

Boxing deserves this mega fight while both Joshua and Wilder are undefeated champions.

Anything less than that when they first meet is a shame a letdown and a black eye for boxing.

I agree, by next year or so a definite fight needs to be scheduled for these two. Joshua and Wilder can own the boxing world next year as the biggest fight of 2018. And they can own it all to themselves since Golovkin-Canelo is happening this year and Mayweather is fighting this year.

I agree, get Joshua vs Wilder done for November or so in 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              I don't really like Wilder-Whyte but if AJ & Parker isn't happening I don't mind seeing Whyte(another Stiverne types of opponent) knowing that Ortiz isn't happening of course..
              If Whyte was in place of Stiverne that would be nice.

Actually anything other than Stiverne would be welcomed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                The iron isnt hot though, at the moment Joshuas next voluntary will be going to Fury if hes fit. British public aint calling out for him to fight Wilder, noone knows who he is
                Exactly. The whole country is talking about AJ vs Fury.. that fight is brewing, Wilder needs to get in the picture and get his name brewing. Everyone knows Fury and no one knows Wilder.. that’s the issue. If Wilder beats Whyte everyone in the UK will call for AJ vs Wilder. Why is that so hard to see?

Comment

• Wilder responds again..
                  [IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Hell yea. Whyte is a garbage fight for him because it just draws more criticism. I think AJ would take this fight anywhere, but Hearn has no interest in AJ fighting Wilder next.
                    Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                    Waste of a fight & time for Wilder...
                    Unless Deontay is fighting Parker or preferably AJ then who cares.

Sucks these recyclable mandatory opponents keep getting iin the way of the real fights.
                    Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    He's not wrong about this

I am surprised to hear Wilder turn down a big offer to fight Whyte and instead insist on getting AJ. Glad he feels some urgency to get a big name opponent in the ring.
                    wow the excuses you lot make because of someone's nationality or how they look

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      wow the excuses you lot make because of someone's nationality or how they look
                      Enlighten me here? What am I excusing him for?

Comment

Working...
                      X