Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn “We Offered Massive Money to Wilder But He Has Been Silent For A Week”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    Don't get shook. Hearn isn't god, and Harmon takes care of his youngies!
    Haymons taking care of him alright.. feeding him bums for life. There's a reason people call him BUMSQUAD

Comment

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
      Your obviously from the UK so your opinion is very biased
      A whole lot of what I put there is totally irrefutable...

Joshua is the golden goose in the HW division = He's already made more money than the rest of them so that illustrates that point.
      Everybody is talking about Joshua = Numerous articles all over the place about him.
      Everybody is after Joshua and lining up to fight him = see above
      Whyte would be Wilder's biggest payday = most likely fact (unless Hearn is lying of course, but there's no reason to think so when he's quoting $5million plus Wilder could very easily call that out if he's lying).
      Wilder doesn't have the same appeal as Joshua = pretty strong claims to back that up, for one look at twitter followers... Wilder 183k, Joshua 1.19m, then look at the number of sponsors Joshua has in comparison, Joshua's TV appearances etc
      Wilder doesn't bring the same amount of money to the table = fact, can be checked quite easily, for one just look at his purses for his recent fights.

If you feel like my comments are very biased please bring me up on those points and we can debate, after all that's the whole point of a message board. Though I kinda feel like there isn't too much to debate and your comment was merely to dismiss my viewpoint as it interferes with your own of Wilder.

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
      from Wilder POV why fight whyte? Wilder should hold out and demand a mega fight against AJ. Wilder has held a strap longer than AJ when doeas Hearn get the leverage? Wilder and his team are doing the right thing. Parker would be a better fight for the fans also Whyte is big , strong and tough but not an accomplished boxer. He would be great on a Wilder undercard.
      How exactly is he going to demand a fight from Joshua? Wilder having a strap longer than Joshua doesn't exactly help in negotiations... not when Joshua is the draw (see above if you'd like to argue that point) and not when Joshua brings the money. Literally the only thing Wilder has that gives him any kind of leverage is his WBC title. Even if you play the making them wait game Joshua has a lot more opposition lined up ready to face him than Wilder does so no Wilder definitely does not have the leverage.

That said, I totally agree that Parker would be the better fight for the fans. Unfortunately it seems like Parker wants a Joshua payday and is thus trying to break into the UK market to make himself more relevant to Joshua and the UK audiences. The reality is that both Wilder and Parker make themselves far more attractive and get far more leverage if either one of them beats the other, but Parker doesn't appear to want to risk a big payday for a humungous one (i'm presuming Wilder does based off of all the talk about Parker he's made).

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post

Joshua is the golden goose in the HW division = He's already made more money than the rest of them so that illustrates that point.
        Everybody is talking about Joshua = Numerous articles all over the place about him.
        Whyte would be Wilder's biggest payday = most likely fact (unless Hearn is lying of course, but there's no reason to think so when he's quoting $5million plus Wilder could very easily call that out if he's lying).
        Wilder doesn't have the same appeal as Joshua = pretty strong claims to back that up, for one look at twitter followers... Wilder 183k, Joshua 1.19m, then look at the number of sponsors Joshua has in comparison, Joshua's TV appearances etc
        Wilder doesn't bring the same amount of money to the table = fact, can be checked quite easily, for one just look at his purses for his recent fights.

If you feel like my comments are very biased please bring me up on those points and we can debate, after all that's the whole point of a message board. Though I kinda feel like there isn't too much to debate and your comment was merely to dismiss my viewpoint as it interferes with your own of Wilder.

How exactly is he going to demand a fight from Joshua? Wilder having a strap longer than Joshua doesn't exactly help in negotiations... not when Joshua is the draw (see above if you'd like to argue that point) and not when Joshua brings the money. Literally the only thing Wilder has that gives him any kind of leverage is his WBC title. Even if you play the making them wait game Joshua has a lot more opposition lined up ready to face him than Wilder does so no Wilder definitely does not have the leverage.

That said, I totally agree that Parker would be the better fight for the fans. Unfortunately it seems like Parker wants a Joshua payday and is thus trying to break into the UK market to make himself more relevant to Joshua and the UK audiences. The reality is that both Wilder and Parker make themselves far more attractive and get far more leverage if either one of them beats the other, but Parker doesn't appear to want to risk a big payday for a humungous one (i'm presuming Wilder does based off of all the talk about Parker he's made).
        All your posts in this thread have been good. I think the whole things an alien concept to Americans, something the rest of the world has had to endure since forever

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          The moneys the leverage, Wilders not well known in the UK, he knocks out Whyte on PPV here in a few rounds the Joshua fight becomes bigger, more PPVs get sold, Wilders purse becomes bigger, everyone makes more money.

Parker gets it, he realises he can make a killing over here as long as he stays on his feet
          exactly...everyone is trying to put themselves in position to fight AJ

anyone who thinks Deontay is a draw, is fooling themselves. Casual American sports fans have no idea who he is...but they know who Anthony Joshua is.

Deontay needs some UK exposure if he wants the AJ fight. Travelling to over there and knocking out Whyte would do put him in prime position.

Comment

Joshuas the $ man, so what he's in that position because THE UKs a great market for boxing, he won a gold medal in his home country and he's corporate with the biggest promoter behind him. You brag about Everyones talking about Joshua like that means something. He has fans cool that's why people know if they drop Joshuas name it just gets more eyes on them or in Wards case they see weaknesses they could exploit.

Your acting like Joshua is on Mike Tyson / Lennox Lewis / Maywesther level of celebrity fact is he is largely unknown outside of the UK he's not a global brand just the biggest fish in a great market. Honestly no one gives a sh.it about Wilder outside of UK. If he was this global icon like you claim his fight would do more then 200-300k in the States

None of that equals being the #1 in the division by earning it. You may act all smug and feel that because Joshua is the $ man he can do as he pleases and doesn't have to earn it. But I bet your the type of fan who thinks other fighters should earn their position. Do you think Canelo is the best fighter between 154-160 since he's the $ man and he shouldn't have to fight Gennady and they can dictate terms like 90/10.

The fact you think Wilder has to jump through hoops to get a Joshua fight is ridiculous, He's held his strap longer actually had to fight a live body at the time to get it not some Charles Martin type fraud and gives Joshua a chance to known in the American market.

Fact is Joshua is jockeying for the #1 position with Fury and Wilder. Fact is Joshuas 1 good win came at the hands of a waaaaayy past prime Klitchko who has become injury prone and was inactive and last time out got damn nearshut out by Fury and Wilder would probably do the same thing if the opprotunity . That doesn't earn the #1 spot to me. Fact is for Joshua to earn the crown he needs to beat Tyson or Wilder and vice versa

Dillian Whyte doesn't factor in at all he has 1 ok win . The offer wouldn't be his highest payday if Povetkin wasn't a cheater. Why give HEARN a opprotunity to control the HW entire division by only risking one of his no name unaccomplished pawns. If HEARN wants all the power in the HW he'll have to use Joshua to get it not A no name scrub in Whyte . Why doesn't Hearn yet have stones to throw Joshua in with Wilder and would rather pursue a rematch with Kligchko a fighter who many years past his expiry date.

I get it, Brits although a great boxing market have few actual #1 guys they can call their own so you cling to Joshua like he's actually done something and you think his Dad ( HEARN ) who writes the cheques can demand things and gather all the power without actually risking anything in return.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              Joshuas the $ man, so what he's in that position because THE UKs a great market for boxing, he won a gold medal in his home country and he's corporate with the biggest promoter behind him. You brag about Everyones talking about Joshua like that means something [1]. He has fans cool that's why people know if they drop Joshuas name it just gets more eyes on them or in Wards case they see weaknesses they could exploit.

Your acting like Joshua is on Mike Tyson / Lennox Lewis / Maywesther level of celebrity fact [2] is he is largely unknown outside of the UK he's not a global brand just the biggest fish in a great market. Honestly no one gives a sh.it about Wilder outside of UK. If he was this global icon like you claim his fight would do more then 200-300k in the States

None of that equals being the #1 in the division by earning it [3]. You may act all smug and feel that because Joshua is the $ man he can do as he pleases and doesn't have to earn it. But I bet your the type of fan who thinks other fighters should earn their position. Do you think Canelo is the best fighter between 154-160 since he's the $ man and he shouldn't have to fight Gennady and they can dictate terms like 90/10 [4].

The fact you think Wilder has to jump through hoops to get a Joshua fight is ridiculous [5], He's held his strap longer actually had to fight a live body at the time to get it not some Charles Martin type fraud and gives Joshua a chance to known in the American market.

Fact is Joshua is jockeying for the #1 position with Fury and Wilder [6]. Fact is Joshuas 1 good win came at the hands of a waaaaayy past prime Klitchko who has become injury prone and was inactive and last time out got damn nearshut out by Fury and Wilder would probably do the same thing if the opprotunity [7] . That doesn't earn the #1 spot to me. [8] Fact is for Joshua to earn the crown he needs to beat Tyson or Wilder and vice versa

Dillian Whyte doesn't factor in at all he has 1 ok win . The offer wouldn't be his highest payday if Povetkin wasn't a cheater. Why give HEARN a opprotunity to control the HW entire division by only risking one of his no name unaccomplished pawns. If HEARN wants all the power in the HW he'll have to use Joshua to get it not A no name scrub in Whyte . Why doesn't Hearn yet have stones to throw Joshua in with Wilder [9] and would rather pursue a rematch with Kligchko a fighter who many years past his expiry date.

I get it, Brits although a great boxing market have few actual #1 guys they can call their own so you cling to Joshua like he's actually done something and you think his Dad ( HEARN ) who writes the cheques can demand things [10] and gather all the power without actually risking anything in return.
              [1] I mentioned everyone is talking about Joshua to illustrate the point that he is the draw in the division, that's all.

[2] Not at all, not once have I ever entertained the idea that Joshua is a huge celebrity... my entire comment was that Joshua is a bigger draw than Wilder and thus has the leverage. Being a bigger draw than Wilder doesn't make Joshua a huge celebrity and i've never once intimated that he is... just that he's more well known than Wilder, who is simply not all that well known at all.

[3] You're right it doesn't. I also don't think Joshua has done enough to earn the number 1 spot in the division... I just think he's the biggest draw in the division. That's whats relevant when it comes to making fights... who's the A side and who's the B side.

[4] 90/10 is a bit OTT but yes I think Canelo should be able to dictate terms with Golovkin because he is the bigger draw and bigger money maker. The fact Golovkin was desperate for the fight and had to wait for Canelo to feel like he was ready illustrates my point that Canelo had all the power. And just to clarify: no I don't think Canelo is the best fighter between 154-160... i'd say that's Golovkin. I just think Canelo is the biggest draw.

[5] Nope, it's pretty logical. The more you are demanded the more you are worth. Joshua is in demand and thus he is worth much more and thus is in the position of power. That's how negotiating works.

[6] Yup.

[7] Not gonna get into that discussion, it's far too subjective, hence why here i've been talking more about things that can be substantiated.

[8] You brought up being number 1 in the eyes of the fans before. I said before that that's not relevant. Fans opinions have very little relevance when it comes to making fights... what does is money. Joshua is the number 1 moneymaker and thus the biggest fish.

[9] Because they had to agree to a rematch clause with Klitschko to get that fight over the line? And because after that he has to face Pulev or be stripped of the IBF title over the line. No matter what you think of either of those fights everyone knows they have to happen so Wilder has to wait.

[10] He can. Boxing is just as much a business as it is a sport... the aim of most businesses is to make the most money.

Comment

Offering bums who people will say is a bum after Wilder KO's him. He wants AJ, give him AJ.

Comment

[1] I mentioned everyone is talking about Joshua to illustrate the point that he is the draw in the division, that's all.

[2] Not at all, not once have I ever entertained the idea that Joshua is a huge celebrity... my entire comment was that Joshua is a bigger draw than Wilder and thus has the leverage. Being a bigger draw than Wilder doesn't make Joshua a huge celebrity and i've never once intimated that he is... just that he's more well known than Wilder, who is simply not all that well known at all.

[3] You're right it doesn't. I also don't think Joshua has done enough to earn the number 1 spot in the division... I just think he's the biggest draw in the division. That's whats relevant when it comes to making fights... who's the A side and who's the B side.

[4] 90/10 is a bit OTT but yes I think Canelo should be able to dictate terms with Golovkin because he is the bigger draw and bigger money maker. The fact Golovkin was desperate for the fight and had to wait for Canelo to feel like he was ready illustrates my point that Canelo had all the power. And just to clarify: no I don't think Canelo is the best fighter between 154-160... i'd say that's Golovkin. I just think Canelo is the biggest draw.

[5] Nope, it's pretty logical. The more you are demanded the more you are worth. Joshua is in demand and thus he is worth much more and thus is in the position of power. That's how negotiating works.

[6] Yup.

[7] Not gonna get into that discussion, it's far too subjective, hence why here i've been talking more about things that can be substantiated.

[8] You brought up being number 1 in the eyes of the fans before. I said before that that's not relevant. Fans opinions have very little relevance when it comes to making fights... what does is money. Joshua is the number 1 moneymaker and thus the biggest fish.

[9] Because they had to agree to a rematch clause with Klitschko to get that fight over the line? And because after that he has to face Pulev or be stripped of the IBF title over the line. No matter what you think of either of those fights everyone knows they have to happen so Wilder has to wait.

[10] He can. Boxing is just as much a business as it is a sport... the aim of most businesses is to make the most money.

For sure Joshua is the bigger draw can't deny that. We Agree that he's in the drivers seat with negotiations.We both agree that there is no clear #1 and agree that at some point they have to fight each other

We just differ on the fact that HEARN can use one of his pawns ( Whyte ) to try and get and controll all the power in the HW division with no risk to his Golden Child ( Joshua ) . Like Wilder said their team have their own plans and if Hearn wants him to deviate from that to beat down a nobody then fine just pay him stupid money on their terms. Hearn can controll Joshuas career and he's done a great job but unless he's offering Wilder Joshua he should stay the f.uck out Wildsrs career and stop wasting breath and air time with offers he knows won't be accepted.

Comment

Why would Wilder go across the pond for a voluntary defense?

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
                      Stiverne would lose to Whyte. Stiverne is garbage.
                      this isn't about what stiverne is now. this is about what stiverne was before. boxing scene, ring magazine, TBRB, ESPN, etc etc all had him #2 or #3 when wilder dominated him.

please remind me when whyte was considered one of the 2 or 3 best heavyweights in the world . . .

Comment

Working...
                      X