No announcement yet.

Ward landed around 17 punches prior to the stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward landed around 17 punches prior to the stoppage

In the span of 35 seconds starting with that vicious right hand. Hard, legal blows that had Kovalev holding on for dear life. All the key shots that hurt Kovalev were 100% legal. The borderline low blows at the end (which were not counted) were partially due to Kovalev's rabbit punching and holding, you can see him punch/pull Ward's head down on one of the blows.

Ward had him hurt numerous times including those body shots earlier in the fight he pretended were low blows.

17 punches in 35 seconds, but people wanna act dumb and say 2-3 borderline punches won SOG the fight. Weeks did the right thing, Kovalev was eating too many shots and not answering back.

Black people need their own Artorias type slowmo boxing channel...

Comment

My favorite was a certain body shot that looks like it hit the rib cage. Kov looked at him as if to say, "please, stop."

It's around the 2:18-2:20 mark. Kov's face doe lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        My favorite was a certain body shot that looks like it hit the rib cage. Kov looked at him as if to say, "please, stop."

It knocked the wind out of him, that was a ****ing laser to the body. His facial expressions says it all, the pain and the deep breath, Ward was beating the shyt out of him.

Comment

SMFH. Those 3 consecutive low blows were so obvious yet Weeks chose to ignore it. Kov was still fighting back and was punching back but then came the 3 ending low blows WOW

Comment

Take your pick:

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              It knocked the wind out of him, that was a ****ing laser to the body. His facial expressions says it all, the pain and the deep breath, Ward was beating the shyt out of him.
              I almost feel bad for Kov. Unlike the rest of these fake weak minded individuals who are scampering for that Chevy Usyk Uplander to get into, in hopes he's the next big guy that Ward will "duck", I'm actually a fan of Kovalev. He was beaten badly in the 8th, his body and face looked taxed.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                SMFH. Those 3 consecutive low blows were so obvious yet Weeks chose to ignore it. Kov was still fighting back and was punching back but then came the 3 ending low blows WOW
                He was bent below the waist which is illegal. He'll never get that call.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyboyReturns View Post
                  Take your pick:

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    He was bent below the waist which is illegal. He'll never get that call.
                    I dont get why no1 seems to understand this.

Comment

Working...
                    X