No announcement yet.

sore neck after spariing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sore neck after spariing

i should do neck exercies b4 i spar, but i dont, how do prevent getting sore neck, what are some exercises, btw, its my neck bones dat are hurting i think, like jolting.

I just read an interview with Randy Couture where he was talking about neck exercises. His tip was to lie flat on your back and just lift your head up off the mat as if you're nodding "yes". Since you're already training, I'd say start with four sets of 25 with a very short rest between each. Next, you're in the same position but you hold your head slightly off the mat and turn it side to side, as if you're saying "no". Same thing -- four sets of 25. You might find that really easy and you'll need to up the reps, but my advice is to wait until the next day to decide. It's really easy to overdo it and not feel it until the next morning, and then your neck will be twice as sore as it usually is. If it seems easy and you can't feel it the next day, hell -- double it all.

Comment

tis normal for neck soreness.... though mine is more in my muscle.... i'd say just try not to get hit so much :-D

Comment

it hurts after like 1 or 2 rounds eh, i think i just gotta warm up better and do some exercises 4 it

Comment

i knew i would cope i comment like that (y)

Comment

aigh... neck bridges and neck curls would probably help....

it could just be that my neck muscles aren't use to that strenous of work

Comment

Its all about the strength of ur neck muscles, not how u warm them up. If you take a good shot to the head and it jolts ur head back, that puts ur neck in an unnatrual position and can cause injury. If u have strong neck muscles, ur head is less likely to get jarred back by punches.
              Try holding a medicine ball on ur forehead and doing crunches, or alternatively, the boxers traditional method which is a rugby style scrum cap with weights attached (just move ur head in different directions)

Comment

Working...
              X