No announcement yet.

Donald Trump is GGG Fan CONFIRMED!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    we're comparing getting a job as a fry cook to being the POTUS?

here's a good example (for this forum anyways)

Donald Trump won the heavyweight championship of the world. Like it or not. His competition was weak, and it was a SD victory, but he won none the less, he holds the title regardless of it being two crappy fighters fighting over a vacant title.

Now we just have to wait 3 years for him to face his mandatory

EDIT - I shouldn't have to keep saying "Devil's advocate" but apparently I do. but when you said "that is for his own personal glory. was he a good president?" **** man, you can't even judge a presidency after it ends, people are just judging the Bush 43 presidency now, and you're asking us to judge Trump's presidency a year in?
    but he didn't win since he had 3 million less votes. boxing and politics are very similar. both rigged systems. the stupid crappy poor sh-thole states as trump would say have disproportionate power and overrided what the people wanted. ah democracy....wait wat?

also what does winning the presidency even mean? it means you win the opportunity to lead the country and steer it in the direction you desire. well hes failing at that clearly.

we can judge his first year. it was terrible. no one likes him. terrible policies that will get even worse once we start feeling the effects. more racism, more income inequality that favors the rich, terrible foreign relations, brink of war over ego, etc....but a hell of a lot of golf! trump must be a master at golf by now. also bush's presidency was pretty awful the first year as well. everyone hated him but then he didnt prevent 9/11 and that became a positive for him lol.

why do you feel the need to play devils advocate for a racist incompetent bafoon?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      but he didn't win since he had 3 million less votes. boxing and politics are very similar. both rigged systems. the stupid crappy poor sh-thole states as trump would say have disproportionate power and overrided what the people wanted. ah democracy....wait wat?

also what does winning the presidency even mean? it means you win the opportunity to lead the country and steer it in the direction you desire. well hes failing at that clearly.

we can judge his first year. it was terrible. no one likes him. terrible policies that will get even worse once we start feeling the effects. more racism, more income inequality that favors the rich, terrible foreign relations, brink of war over ego, etc....but a hell of a lot of golf! trump must be a master at golf by now. also bush's presidency was pretty awful the first year as well. everyone hated him but then he didnt prevent 9/11 and that became a positive for him lol.

why do you feel the need to play devils advocate for a racist incompetent bafoon?

I play devils advocate whenever I see a debate that swings 90% to one side, it's just fun for me, I think of it as mental sparring. Something I've always done. Also keeps you sharp in a debate if you can argue on a side you don't even agree with.

It's also my day off from both work AND the gym today, so I'm a little bored.

Considering sparking some Kush and watching Friday. Haven't seen that movie in way too long.

As for the Bush thing, if memory serves me correct he was incredibly popular until the war lasted longer than expected.

Comment

ohhhhhh I see the problem now. Here, I'll help

dev·il's ad·vo·cate
        ˈˌdevəlz ˈadvəkət/
        noun
        a person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments.

Definition - "the interviewer will need to play devil's advocate to put the other side's case forward"

Hope this helps.
        maybe that will be trumps defense for his comments? "hey i was just playing devils advocate when i said they were sh-ithole countries and they have aids" have you seen my picture with tyson how can i be racist?"

Comment

maybe that will be trumps defense for his comments? "hey i was just playing devils advocate when i said they were sh-ithole comments. have you seen my picture with tyson how can i be racist?"
          one of my best friends is born and raised in the Dominican. i think he started to like Trump when he called Haiti a ****hole LMAO

as for the tyson pic, I used it to play devils advocate because Tyson is black, Muslim, and a Trump Supporter, so I felt it was a decent way to get the debate started.

Comment

I play devils advocate whenever I see a debate that swings 90% to one side, it's just fun for me, I think of it as mental sparring. Something I've always done. Also keeps you sharp in a debate if you can argue on a side you don't even agree with.

It's also my day off from both work AND the gym today, so I'm a little bored.

Considering sparking some Kush and watching Friday. Haven't seen that movie in way too long.

As for the Bush thing, if memory serves me correct he was incredibly popular until the war lasted longer than expected.
            ok thats fine and no bush was decling quickly until 9/11 happened. then he went from 50 percent to 90 percent because....he didn't prevent 9/11, stood at ground zero and said some nice words, and got us into a bunch of useless unrelated wars. then he became super unpopular over time as people got tired and realized they were lied to(cept the 35 percent republian base that has no standards as long as its a republican) also the economy collapsing didnt help

Comment

ok thats fine and no bush was decling quickly until 9/11 happened. then he went from 50 percent to 90 percent because....he didn't prevent 9/11, stood at ground zero and said some nice words, and got us into a bunch of useless unrelated wars. then he became super unpopular over time as people got tired and realized they were lied to(cept the 35 percent republian base that has no standards as long as its a republican) also the economy collapsing didnt help
              The economy I don't really blame on Bush, as he basically had to deal with two recessions that weren't his fault. the dot com bubble burst like a month into his presidency, and the housing bubble in the last year?

I think what will make Bush look better historically than he did at the time is that those wars got near unanimous support from both parties. It's easy now for the Democrats to say they didn't want to go to war, but the votes are public.

As for not preventing 9/11...that's a tough one too, because how many security briefs do you think a president gets every briefing? how many of them are hoaxes? plus, 9/11 had been planned even before the Bush presidency. Sucks that it made him MORE popular, but most voters are idiots anyway.

Comment

one of my best friends is born and raised in the Dominican. i think he started to like Trump when he called Haiti a ****hole LMAO

as for the tyson pic, I used it to play devils advocate because Tyson is black, Muslim, and a Trump Supporter, so I felt it was a decent way to get the debate started.
                well yes that makes sense. floyd is a trump supporter too. this should teach us that capitalism is more important than anything else. you can say and do anything racist to the lower classes but i got my money and thats all i care about

Comment

well yes that makes sense. floyd is a trump supporter too. this should teach us that capitalism is more important than anything else. you can say and do anything racist to the lower classes but i got my money and thats all i care about
                  and I had pictures of Trump and Floyd too, but I chose the Mike pics because Mike is Muslim lol.

Trust me, if I could have found a pic of Trump hugging Prince Hamed I would have plastered it in every damn response lmao

Comment

holy hell you're dense, or at least blinded by your hatred of Donald Trump.

I mentioned my political affiliations so you would know (or so I assumed you would figure it out) that I am not a Trump supporter, and am in this conversation completely non subjectively.
                    why would you defend a racist by trying to prove hes not racist simply because he has a picture with a black person? playing devils advocate and putting yourself on the racist side hmmm no need for that. im sure i could find a picture of hitler with a jew so hitler wasn't anti-s emetic? you are calling me blind yet you tried to say trump wasnt racist cause he has a picture with someone who is black...meanwhile you ignore decades of racist comments and even recent racist comments he makes. hey trump says he is the least racist person so i guess i believe him? look at the picture it must be true!
                    Imho, Trump is not a racist. I think he's like the ancient Greeks and Romans, who didn't give a **** about race but divided people into those who were fit to be citizens and those who were only fit to be slaves .. the exploiters and the exploited, who could both be of any race or nationality.

I think a lot powerful people have that same mind-set.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Imho, Trump is not a racist. I think he's like the ancient Greeks and Romans, who didn't give a **** about race but divided people into those who were fit to be citizens and those who were only fit to be slaves .. the exploiters and the exploited, who could both be of any race or nationality.

I think a lot powerful people have that same mind-set.
                      I never thought of it that way, but that is an interesting way to look at things. Instead of race, or religion he could just be looking at (for lack of a better term) "The Haves" and "The Have Nots"

Comment

Working...
                      X