Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans whom really appreciate boxing enjoy Canelo! Remember GGG memory lane?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans whom really appreciate boxing enjoy Canelo! Remember GGG memory lane?!

I noticed this comment from a poster. Analyze the post below..

Had you replaced Canelo with GGG the Golovkin fans would yell an outrage that GGG didn’t have to.... meanwhile and fast forward today most objective fans are game with various Canelo opponents from 160-175 and Canelo smaller than GGG...

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
    Canelo can take care of business and hopefully his next fight will be either GGG, Kovalev, Charlo, or Bivol. That is my wishlist!

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
    I noticed this comment from a poster. Analyze the post below..

Had you replaced Canelo with GGG the Golovkin fans would yell an outrage that GGG didn’t have to.... meanwhile and fast forward today most objective fans are game with various Canelo opponents from 160-175 and Canelo smaller than GGG...

The reason that I mention light heavy's is because Canelo seems open to the challenge. Do I believe that Kovalev and Bivol are too big? Absolutely! I would love to see Canelo against the best 168 pounders as well. How about Canelo/Plant at 165?

Comment

The reason that I mention light heavy's is because Canelo seems open to the challenge. Do I believe that Kovalev and Bivol are too big? Absolutely! I would love to see Canelo against the best 168 pounders as well. How about Canelo/Plant at 165?
      This is good. You are an honest boxing fan. For years you could never mention GGG fighting outside of 160. He was waiting for 154 fighters to move up. We don’t see any 154 Champs now calling out Bud or Crawford even though those Welterweights are the bigger draws and better pay. Lots of fighters northbound want a crack at Canelo too.

This is what boxing is about, “best fighting the best” and no exclusivity to a weight class.

Comment

Yes nothing screams appreciation of the sport as a whole in its purest form then avoiding Mandos / Making Up Weight Classes / Receiving preferential treatment from Judges & Sanctioning Organizations

As far as a Kovalev fight it’s just another Future HOF That Canelo Will Fight when their 35+ On the down side of his career. Lot of smoke and mirrors that Mofos don’t want to admit too

Comment

This is good. You are an honest boxing fan. For years you could never mention GGG fighting outside of 160. He was waiting for 154 fighters to move up. We don’t see any 154 Champs now calling out Bud or Crawford even though those Welterweights are the bigger draws and better pay. Lots of fighters northbound want a crack at Canelo too.

This is what boxing is about, “best fighting the best” and no exclusivity to a weight class.
          I agree 100%. The best fighting the best. I respect GGG as a talent but does he really want to earn a third Canelo fight? No, he just want's it. he signed with DAZN expecting an automatic Canelo fight. He may have to "fight" for it first. Spence/Crawford! I'll yell it from the rooftops!

Comment

I agree 100%. The best fighting the best. I respect GGG as a talent but does he really want to earn a third Canelo fight? No, he just want's it. he signed with DAZN expecting an automatic Canelo fight. He may have to "fight" for it first. Spence/Crawford! I'll yell it from the rooftops!
            to put another perspective. If Canelo would fight Kova or Bivol at a catchweight to get those 175 belts, why isnt GGG wanting a catchweight with Callum Smith? same network... Ring Belt too, and Smith is considered the best #1 168

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              Yes nothing screams appreciation of the sport as a whole in its purest form then avoiding Mandos / Making Up Weight Classes / Receiving preferential treatment from Judges & Sanctioning Organizations

As far as a Kovalev fight it’s just another Future HOF That Canelo Will Fight when their 35+ On the down side of his career. Lot of smoke and mirrors that Mofos don’t want to admit too
              what weight classes did Canelo make up?

Comment

to put another perspective. If Canelo would fight Kova or Bivol at a catchweight to get those 175 belts, why isnt GGG wanting a catchweight with Callum Smith? same network... Ring Belt too, and Smith is considered the best #1 168
                GGG doesn't want that work. He wants another big Canelo payday. I wouldn't mind it although at this point he may not deserve it.

Comment

R Walken is right. What the hell is 155lbs? Kova will be yet another name opponent on the downside and/or weight restricted.
                  And since when does a guy who lost his titles in a close decision have to "earn" a rematch? How many champions have we seen get KTFO and get immediate return bouts without question?

Comment

If you're a fan of Canelo then that says to me that you're too apathetic to the BS that plagues the sport, which either means that you either don't really care about the rest of the sport or you're too much of a fan, to the point that you're not willing to criticise it. Neither is good. Canelo is an extremely good and talented fighter but his career is blighted by all the most negative aspects of the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X