Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

manny is a legend but PAC fanatics must face he simply never was the best of his era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Mayweather wins titles at 160, 168 and 175, he’ll be better than Pacquiao. Until then, Pacquiao is clearly better.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
      Sorry but when Manny's Career is over he will leap over Flord on the ATG list, People are really OVERRATING the undefeated record. Rocky Marciano would still be the greatest HW if that is what mattered.

SRR wouldn't be top 3 all time if his losses were the only thing that brought him up or down.

Pacquiao has done more for the sport of boxing Globally then Mayweather will ever do.

Pacquao at this point isn't just a boxer anymore. People on this forum only look at boxing but WHAT MADE ALI what he became? He is a cultural icon not just a boxer.... Pacquiao is at that status now like it or not.
      The undefeated record isn’t the sole reason, it’s the quality of the undefeated record.

Manny is not a cultural icon here in America. Yes he will be a hero forever in the Philippines. That’s great. He just isn’t ranked ahead if Floyd ever and that is just the brutal truth guys like you have to accept.

I also think you overestimate what manny is done globally while downplaying what Floyd has done.

You will say this today then complain tomorrow that too many young fighters fight and do business like Floyd. If he is influencing a generation of fighters don’t then try to minimize his impact. Just makes you look silly.

Please stop comparing manny to Ali. Let’s keep things in proper perspective.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-02-2020, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bngsdad View Post
        1. Floyd
        2. Calzaghe
        3. Marciano

Top 3 all time?
        This is a silly argument.

Floyd is considered better because his body if work is tremendous. His being undefeated fighting that level of competition deserves credit whether you hate him or not.

Sugar ray Robinson, Ali, Leonard and others have losses but are just better than floyd. Manny isn’t. That is the difference.

No one has ever made the argument you have to be undefeated to be the best ever so why even act like that was the argument?

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
          Wow you really are The Big Dumb!!

Floyd is top 20.
          Manny is top 5.

You need to pick another sport to pretend to be a fan of. You don’t know much about boxing kid and it doesn’t seem like your picking it up too quick.
          Hahaha m. Manny has never been ranked top 5 in any credible ranking of ATG fighters. He’s never even been ranked ahead if Floyd. Your best bet is to go with boxrec. They will rank manny higher than anyone else.

Of course I believe they have Floyd #1 so you probably want to go with a group of your fellow mindless 3rd world knob gobbers.

I mean you are just embarrassing yourself. It’s one thing to stalk me and beg for attention. You’ll get some greenk for that.” From others that do same.

But when you post dumb sh-t you just become another ball smoker stuck in the past.

Accept the truth and move on. It’s 2020. Not 2009. They fought . Manny lost.

Comment

People don't realize that a fighter's record of wins and losses is the only fact in boxing and even that is pretty suspect because of the number of variables.
            Everything else is just opinion.
            So the result is these endless arguments that have no ending. Face it, it's always will be one person's opinion vs another person's opinion on who the "better" fighter is. (and what does "better" even mean? )

Comment

When I call Jr. a Fraud over and over, I think what I really mean is that he never took "chances" the way Pac had. There were so many fights Pac did that you could see fights going either way and he would usually blow the expectations away. Jr. was in fights that you knew the outcome before the fight took place. He CAREFULLY selected his opponents each and every time. There were many factors that would play into each bout he took and made sure the odds were always in his favor. He's learn a lot from Vegas.

Pac on the other hand, took on challenges and fights where you didn't think he had a chance to win or would be crazy difficult. Then he would go in there and look devastating and blow minds. Devastating I said. That is a word you would keep the hell away from Jr. when he decided to be a high reward, low risk fighter. Carefully plotting his opponents to make sure he could maximize advantages and rewards while carefully protecting the "0". The "0" was his whole marketability because he knew nobody would tune in to see him once he finally took the "L".

Oh well, just my thoughts. They are about as good as any of yours.

Comment

Sven Ottke > Hopkins, Pacquiao, Mosley, Jones Jr.

34-0. No man could solve him. P4P baddest man throwing down like Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  The undefeated record isn’t the sole reason, it’s the quality of the undefeated record.

Manny is not a cultural icon here in America. Yes he will be a hero forever in the Philippines. That’s great. He just isn’t ranked ahead if Floyd ever and that is just the brutal truth guys like you have to accept.

I also think you overestimate what manny is done globally while downplaying what Floyd has done.

You will say this today then complain tomorrow that too many young fighters fight and do business like Floyd. If he is influencing a generation of fighters don’t then try to minimize his impact. Just makes you look silly.

sums it up

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

- -Lets downsize U moniker to Squeaky Dumm.

Comment

• This is my take:

Manny Pacquiao is the best p4p fighter of his era; that started his career from minimum weight and peaked to jr. middleweight.

But Manny Pacquiao is the second best welterweight of his era.

Comment

Working...
                      X