No announcement yet.

Andre Ward gives the Sermon on how Kovolov folded, talks mental game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    Deep down inside of him, Ward KNOWS he lost the fight.

Virgil's sweet whispers cannot change his mind either.

Looks at Wards' face when the decision is read out, he looks like a homeless guy finding out he won the lottery.
    Right now it doesn't matter anymore...

... what matters is that the guy isn't a man of his word (or should I say of his "signature")...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      i love how this fights narrative is suddenyl getting changed to ward putting on some masterclass in the second half of the fight from what i saw it was a very one sided fight in the first fw rounds that turned into a more even contest in the second half, kovalev hardly folded. but i guess 'dem jabs to the body doe!'
      Again, due to your inability to view anything related to Andre Ward with even a sliver of objectivity, your OPINION means less than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        i love how this fights narrative is suddenyl getting changed to ward putting on some masterclass in the second half of the fight from what i saw it was a very one sided fight in the first fw rounds that turned into a more even contest in the second half, kovalev hardly folded. but i guess 'dem jabs to the body doe!'
        That's how I (and seemingly more than 70% of the Boxing World) saw it. If you know how to score a boxing match Kovalev obviously won 4 of the first 6 MINIMUM (even the Ward fanboys would agree), but he probably won 5, arguably all 6.

Ward did land some body punches, some low blows but hardly a Mike McCallum body shot clinic. That was rounds 7 and 8. Hardly "took over" or "dominated", he simply rallied. Then it went back to Kovalev winning the majority of the rounds, just not as easy as the first 6. Just because he wasn't dominating as badly didn't mean he wasn't winning. Ward get credit for hanging in there. No way did Kovalev not win at least 2 of the last 4.

Arguably 117-110 Kovalev but 116-111 seems about right. Anything closer doesn't seem fair, but lets say you have some Ward bias and you like that style I can respect you saying 115-112. There is no way was this a 6-6 type fight NO WAY.

I was at the fight and sat around a lot of Ward fans and they all knew Ward lost at the end and were more surprised than even Ward was when the decision came out.

Comment

ward won the fight move on

Comment

Would rather retire than do a rematch,tells you all you need to know.

Comment

that body work doe...

Comment

this ward guy is making up some nice stories. he would fit in nicely on boxingscene.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                  It was a good performance by both with Ward appearing to be the fresher of the two late in the fight. BTW, you ever take a few strong jabs to the body? They're very effective at sapping energy.....
                  how did ward appear fresher though? i see people saying this but kov easily won rounds 9, 10 and 12 so how was ward fresher? not once did kovalev let his guard down and get caught with something silly. even in the corners if you watch them between roudns ward was breathing heavily and kovalev wasnt so i dont understand this narrative. who made it up? a ward fan im guessing.

Comment

Kovalev didn't fold. Not even close. Even the rounds I thought Ward won in the second half, he was barely squeaking most of them.

Comment

Whether ward won enough rounds to deserve the decision is debatable, and him wiining 114-113 is not out of the question. The rounds that kovalev clearly won, were won in dominant fashion...the rounds that ward edged were by the slimmest of margins. That's why the fight has the "feel" of a kovalev win, and why the majority of people saw it that way...but boxing is scored round by round and sometimes the guy who got the worst of the fight overall, ends up winning.

Comment

Working...
                      X