Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The weekend after one of the best fights of the year, no boxing talk on First Take

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weekend after one of the best fights of the year, no boxing talk on First Take

So basically First Take is an extension of HBO boxing? I was hoping for more boxing talk when Kellerman took over but I guess the only time they'll talk non-HBO boxers is if Max is demeaning Mayweather. This is why I said when Max talks boxing there should be full disclosure about his alliances.

First Talk have often brought up non HBO related fighters and fights. I didn't watch the last ep and I don't watch it regularly but they missed out on Frampton v LSC, for as much as we like it as hardcore boxing fans, let's be honest, unless you're Irish, aint nobody know who those guys were.

Comment

It's ESPN, bro. What do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        It's ESPN, bro. What do you expect?
        I expected Max to bring boxing talk to the show. He just got the job and he talked boxing the first weekend after the Crawford fight. I expected him to talk boxing after the great card this weekend. Garcia's return to boxing. LSC vs. Frampton in a FOTY contender. If you can't talk boxing after this weekend there's no point in talking boxing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          First Talk have often brought up non HBO related fighters and fights. I didn't watch the last ep and I don't watch it regularly but they missed out on Frampton v LSC, for as much as we like it as hardcore boxing fans, let's be honest, unless you're Irish, aint nobody know who those guys were.
          But they talked it after the Crawford vs. Postol fight. Have you seen those PPV numbers? More people watched LSC vs. Frampton than the Crawford fight and it was a better fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            I expected Max to bring boxing talk to the show. He just got the job and he talked boxing the first weekend after the Crawford fight. I expected him to talk boxing after the great card this weekend. Garcia's return to boxing. LSC vs. Frampton in a FOTY contender. If you can't talk boxing after this weekend there's no point in talking boxing at all.
            It's the producers job to do that. Max can't bring anything with him. He just talks about what they tell him to talk about

Comment

They should have talked about a great fight between high level fighters but I guess they didn't. I have never seen this show. Do you know what channel it's on with direct TV. I'd like to check it out.

Comment

theyre all about ratings. theres only a select few fights theyll talk about

Comment

Max is not there to promote boxing he is there to continue HBO's pogrom against Big Al.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    But they talked it after the Crawford vs. Postol fight. Have you seen those PPV numbers? More people watched LSC vs. Frampton than the Crawford fight and it was a better fight.
                    LSC v Frampton wasn't PPV was it? So it would naturally have higher numbers but yes, it was most definitely a better fight. Thing is, 140 has joined welter, middle and heavy as one of the sports glamour divisions. So it's bound to get more press.

Comment

Working...
                    X