No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury: "MMA is for people who can't box!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury: "MMA is for people who can't box!"

as much as i love boxing 99x more than mma...
    mcgregor could say the vice versa... boxing is for people who cant fight with fewer limitations...

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      mcgregor could say the vice versa... boxing is for people who cant fight with fewer limitations...
      There's a nice booty chick by the name of Holly Holm. Search for her on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
        A boxer can become UFC champion (see:Holly Holm). A UFC champion couldn't beat a top 10 boxer in a bout.

Comment

That's his opinion

Comment

MMA can be great, what I don't care for is the hype machine called the UFC. Boxing has plenty of that too.

Comment

McGregor has good boxing skills, a good chin, and a beautiful straight left hand with speed, power and accuracy. He chose MMA and he seems to be the best in the world at it at age 26. There is no way to know for sure but I think he would have been a very good boxer if he had gone that route. He is totally fearless and very dedicated. He is smart and just a natural born fighter. His hand speed and footwork and his chin and stamina are all assets that would help him succeed as a boxer. After all the **** boxing has taken from washed up James Toney embarrassing boxing with his pathetic MMA showing I think McGregor is actually good for boxing. He beats all comers in MMA and he does it mainly with his boxing skills and punching power. Of course he is a skilled MMA fighter who can kick and wrestle. But most of his KO wins come from standard boxing blows. It reminds everyone what a great weapon good boxing is in any fight. I am first and always a boxing fan but the MMA guys have improved their skills so much over the years. The best of them are bad MFers. I am a big fan of McGregor.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                It's for High School wrestlers who made nothing of their life

Comment

I do believe there's some truth to this but maybe in a different way of putting it.

Firstly UFC/MMA is made up of guys from all different martial arts backgrounds, lots of which maybe had no interest in being a boxer anyway.

With that said, i do believe a boxer can go into UFC and be a lot more successful than a UFC fighter coming into boxing. You can forget about the likes of Toney because he's a washed up boxer anyway. Someone like Holly Holm did it, someone who is still young enough to compete and i think a lot of others could too but i just can't imagine a UFC fighter walking into boxing and shaking up the sport, no way. You get a lot of people with glittering amateur boxing careers who find it difficult in the pro game, never mind a guy coming from UFC.

I don't know what it is, i'm not saying boxers are superior athletes or it's a superior sport...i don't know why it is. Maybe because a lot of boxers have trained from a young age at one thing. A lot of young MMA fighters especially a learning bits of everything, i know some come from one sport but nowadays the young guys are training for different styles and maybe it's better mastering one art rather than being a jack of all trades, master of none.

Besides, Boxing is performed by standing. A lot of UFC is on the ground but if you can't get past the boxing skills, you aren't getting them to the ground which is maybe why it's easier to transition boxing skills to UFC if you are an excellent boxer, you can nullify the rest of the game if you're good enough.

But vice versa is basically useless because there's no floor game in boxing and if you have only practiced boxing as a fraction of all of your MMA training then your boxing skills aren't going to stand up if you go into boxing.

So i don't think it's about being superior athletes or superior sport (although i don't like UFC that much), i think it's a simple case of one sport can be implemented into the other easier.

Comment

Ever watch the undercards of UFC events? They can barely throw a jab. As much as Joe Rogan goes on about the complex moves being done during a fight, it always amounts to a couple of semi-skilled bums covered in tattoos grinding their crotches in each others face.

Comment

Working...
                    X