No announcement yet.

I think Andre Ward is "that good"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    He wont have any real competition, but he will be the GOAT if he goes up to hw. I REALLY feel he would find away to outbox the Kbros. They are just not that special to me. I dont think Ward could hurt him, but I can see him beating the crap out of them on the insides without getting hit. He has the confidence to take the risk, and they are too rangy and slow. If he gets on the insides I see him just doing his normal, exciting, brawl/box thing and doing major damage.
    A fight against the Adamek - Cunningham winner could be interesting, but the Klitschkos?? This is madness.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      His versatility is what stands out to me too. He can use his speed to control distance and land combinations from the outside, or he can get in the trenches and infight, or he can switch leads without batting an eye.

His place in the history books is yet to be written but he is young and should have many productive years ahead of him. I hope he chases a legacy as well as big paydays.
      The biggest thing I see of Ward is his focus, his focus and humble ways are what makes him the fighter he is.

Away from all the attributes he posseses, its his lifestyle, his desire, he's cold cerebral demenour its gets carried into the ring.

He doesn't go round flashing cash like May, he's all about legacy, he makes no threats you can just see in his eyes whatever way there is to beat his opponent thats the way its going to go.

Andre Ward while not that easy to watch he is a masterful boxer, probably the most well rounded and versatile in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Who does he have to beat to convince you?

For me the only thing he has left to do is win a big fight in his opponent's backyard, granted he may never do this.
        If Dirrell can get some solid wins together I'd like to see them fight.

Other than that, move up to 175 and clean it out.

Like I said, I rate him. He's one of my favourite active fighters.

I'm not sure I rate him as high as others yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Yeah.....Ward should definitely be ranked above guys like JMM, Pac, Martinez, etc.......he has dominated multiple divisions and numerous undefeated boxers like those other guys have. All their career achievements pale in comparison to a Kessler or Froch victory.....smh.
          That's always your stupid argument for Martinez.

"He beat undefeated fighters!"

Yeah, the great Darren Barker was a better win than Carl Froch

Dzinzurik better than Kessler aswell?

And yes, Ward has achieved more than Martinez in his career already.

Comment

Ward is not only a special man, but a very special boxer. He's always shown a sense of destiny and prophecy in his demeanor and character, even before the tournament. I STILL remember to this very day, having a conversation with a fellow Ward fan right before he faced Kessler, we were two of the very few believers in Andre. Talking about how he'd mop up the floor with the tournament. And that he was special. A lot of people thought we were nuts. We were right.

It wasn't because Ward had flashy RJJ speed, or cute defensive movements like a Whitaker, but because when Ward spoke, and expressed his commitment and determination, I just KNEW that he knew that he'd become special and become a champion. You can see it in his eyes like another poster stated, Ward is a very humble and nice man, but he has a very steely, cold demeanor about himself, and he's mentally relentless on his opponents. He doesn't throw a ton of punches, but he's constantly putting physical, mental and emotional pressure on you. What he did with Dawson was a masterpiece. In those moments where other fighters take 2-3 seconds to think about what they need to do and to throw a specific combination, or to block/slip a punch a certain way, Ward does those things in a half a second so to speak. He's always a step or two ahead of you.

Ward will continue to be special, and I don't see anyone getting in his way.

Comment

I'm a huge fan, think the most impressive thing is no top level fighter has really stretched him. Not Froch, Kessler (inexperienced and grew more and more confident throughout the fight) Abraham.

I think some people will always be adverse to him because of personality, religion etc but you can't deny he can fight like hell

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                That's always your stupid argument for Martinez.

"He beat undefeated fighters!"

Yeah, the great Darren Barker was a better win than Carl Froch

Dzinzurik better than Kessler aswell?

And yes, Ward has achieved more than Martinez in his career already.
                Martinez moved up in weight and beat undefeated, bigger guys. That's one of the main differences....Kessler?? My boy Calzaghe took that 0 away years ago, Kessler isn't now what he was before the Joe fight - no one can convince me of that. Froch???? Well I'll give Ward the most credit for that victory - the best one of his career. I mean Dawson???? There is a reason why he fights at 175 and not 168....there is a reason why Ward fought him at 168 and would not compromise in the least on the weight.

Then there is Allan Green and Tucker Pudwill.........P4P material fight there man. Come on, you guys talking like Ward is the GOAT......he beat 3 decent guys that already had done to them before what Ward did to them, plus the guy won't leave his backyard for a challenge.

I have seen posts about him beating up HW's and what not - I mean come on, let's be real. Ya'll got him confused with RJJ or something....a RJJ that was on that juice none the less.

I think the dude is top 10 p4p but he hasn't accomplished shit compared to some others in that list. You have guys in there that are 3-plus division champions with victories over hall of fame competition.....explain it away but I ain't in line to purchase that bs.
                Last edited by mathed; 11-10-2012, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I think the dude is top 10 p4p but he hasn't accomplished shit compared to some others in that list. You have guys in there that are 3-plus division champions with victories over hall of fame competition.....explain it away but I ain't in line to purchase that bs.
                  Granted, but how much of that has been recent?

I'm not saying Ward is No.1 but the PFP list is supposed to represent the current ability of the best fighters in the game, not just what they did 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    On revising even some of his earlier fights you can tell he is a special boy, his ability to adapt on the fly is the most vital thing, and it makes him a nightmare for anyone to deal with.

Even prime Jones would have real problems with ward, sure Jones would have success early, but if ward was still in there after the fourth, he'd figure Jones out and start schooling him

Everyone else loses big time, even calzaghe, who I'm a fan of

Ward is going to finish his career with people whispering G. O. A. T

He might not be it, but he'll be in the conversation
                    You picked Dawson to win big over Ward.

This thread is another in a long line of threads that keeps reminding the rest of us what a parrot you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      On revising even some of his earlier fights you can tell he is a special boy, his ability to adapt on the fly is the most vital thing, and it makes him a nightmare for anyone to deal with.

Even prime Jones would have real problems with ward, sure Jones would have success early, but if ward was still in there after the fourth, he'd figure Jones out and start schooling him

Everyone else loses big time, even calzaghe, who I'm a fan of

Ward is going to finish his career with people whispering G. O. A. T

He might not be it, but he'll be in the conversation
                      I agree with you 100%.

Comment

Working...
                      X