No announcement yet.

Moore Batters Macklin In A War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moore Batters Macklin In A War

Jamie Moore retained his British light middleweight title when he stopped Matthew Macklin in the 10th round of a fight already being called by some as a major candidate for this year's 'fight of the year' honors. The Manchester crowd was on their feet as both fighters rarely took a step back and threw leather all night long. [details]

Not one for the purists, but very entertaining, never really like Moores, disrespect of other fighters especially in his early bouts, was pretty unsavoury, pushing his face right up against his opponents , If I was opposite him when he did that I would just kiss him imagine what that would have done the crowed would have gone wild, and Moore’s head would have been ****ed up, but I digress, the fight was compelling to watch, a real slug fest not much in the way of technical ability from either fighter, Moore just slighter the better at picking his punches, Macklin came out for to quickly and I think adrenalin taken over, probably kept him on his feet when otherwise he might have went over a few rounds earlier, When a fighter goes down face first it is always good night, he seems to be ok, just exhausted, pray he comes back, and stronger, and possibly of a rematch for a bigger belt at a bigger venue, GREAT STUFF.

Comment

yep that fight was a real war, like it has been said not a technical fight just a straight up fight

The ending was quite hard to watch, it's always worrying when you see a fighter go down and not move. But he should be ok, it looked more like exhaustion than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by D_Hook View Post
        yep that fight was a real war, like it has been said not a technical fight just a straight up fight

The ending was quite hard to watch, it's always worrying when you see a fighter go down and not move. But he should be ok, it looked more like exhaustion than anything else
        yeah, the ending could have spoilt what was a great fight.

hopefully macklin can come back, improve and start to fight with a little more intelligence. otherwise he'll be stuck on the domestic scene.

i'd like to see moore step up now, and at least go for the european title.

Comment

That was some fight! both men were warriors and macklin just wouldnt go down but both men performed well and gave everythin FOTY candidate

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton Hitman View Post
            That was some fight! both men were warriors and macklin just wouldnt go down but both men performed well and gave everythin FOTY candidate
            Macklin should have paced himself better in the fight, i was suprised that he got as far as he did fighting at that pace.
            But yeah FOTY candidate for sure

Comment

Working...
            X