No announcement yet.

hardest punchers p4p today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
    Someone who doesn't get much praise and is still coming up who as blistering spread and freakish power for his size, Gary Russell Jr.

he's an odd case. he's been hitting guys who aren't able to deal with the speed. and knocking them out.

before he started to do that he showed very little power.

the kid is a beast, though. even if his power is simply the product of an overmatched opponent walking into something dumb, he'll still go far IMO. his problem is his size. he's a tiny little featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      he's an odd case. he's been hitting guys who aren't able to deal with the speed. and knocking them out.

before he started to do that he showed very little power.

the kid is a beast, though. even if his power is simply the product of an overmatched opponent walking into something dumb, he'll still go far IMO. his problem is his size. he's a tiny little featherweight.
      He is very small for feather but is continually impresses with that impeccable speed, which does set up for his power. His last knock out was extremely impressive and in my view more impressive than the Pacquiao knock out.
      He made it perfect, landing a huge body shot (making the man drop his hands); and then that thunderous hit to the head! I sat thinking DAMN!!!
      Russell is differently a up and coming star.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
        Lol how could everyone overlook Keith Thurman. Hes the most murderous puncher in boxing right now.
        I gotta agree, this list needs Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
          He is very small for feather but is continually impresses with that impeccable speed, which does set up for his power. His last knock out was extremely impressive and in my view more impressive than the Pacquiao knock out.
          He made it perfect, landing a huge body shot (making the man drop his hands); and then that thunderous hit to the head! I sat thinking DAMN!!!
          Russell is differently a up and coming star.

haha, do what you gotta do, man.

russell jr's opponent's that he's stretched recently weren't even in the top 50...

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
            I gotta agree, this list needs Thurman.
            You can tell when hes fighting hes just trying to get rounds in when the opponent trys to put work in he goes in for the kill at will.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              who are they hurting or knocking out?

i tend to agree with you, though, that some guys who are not world class can flat out bang. you can see/recognize it if you've been around the game long enough

mago abdusalamov and deontay wilder fit this bill right now.

if either go on to accomplish big things with their power then you can add them to the list, but until then there's no way to place their power above guys who similar ability against the world class (donaire, wladimir, etc,)
              Yes that is important but being a world class fighter doesn't necessarily mean you have a better chin than some club fighters who just have no athletic talent or skill.

Anyone can see that Lemieux who I mentioned before has real power that can hurt a solid chinned fighter.

Comment

Wlad K
                Broner
                Donaire
                Abraham
                Golovkin
                Kirkland
                Bailey
                Matthysse
                Rios
                Garcia

Comment