Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones Jr. & Floyd Mayweather were the same natural weight who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy had "technical" issues with Tarver (counter puncher) ....Floyd would have a very good showing vs Jones

Comment

roy jones by decision, floyd never met anyone like roy!

Comment

I think ALL of you guys are thinking to black and white.

It all dependz on weight class, and who was coming to who, now you say natural weight, Floyd has been known to walk around 170 so his natural weight could be close to middleweight.

At Middleweight Roy Jones would KO Mayweather in a matter of rounds, he would be too much for Mayweather as far as size and strength goes.

At WW Mayweather would UD Roy Jones easily.

You really can't say who would win, simply because neither has been to each others weight class, Roy has always been middleweight and Mayweather has always been WW.

Best way to equally decide this, if say, Roy had always been a HW and comes down to MW and Mayweather goes up to MW. 1 moved up 1 solid weight class, and 1 moved down 1 solid weight class, none of those fake weight classes.

Comment

im picking RJJ....

Comment

I think Jones was faster in his heyday, both handspeed and footspeed. That would allow his style to be very effective, as he could beat Mayweather to the punch enough to win him a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              I think ALL of you guys are thinking to black and white.

It all dependz on weight class, and who was coming to who, now you say natural weight, Floyd has been known to walk around 170 so his natural weight could be close to middleweight.

At Middleweight Roy Jones would KO Mayweather in a matter of rounds, he would be too much for Mayweather as far as size and strength goes.

At WW Mayweather would UD Roy Jones easily.

You really can't say who would win, simply because neither has been to each others weight class, Roy has always been middleweight and Mayweather has always been WW.

Best way to equally decide this, if say, Roy had always been a HW and comes down to MW and Mayweather goes up to MW. 1 moved up 1 solid weight class, and 1 moved down 1 solid weight class, none of those fake weight classes.
              No I am simply asking to not consider their realistic weight classes....I mean you can choose either weight. They could be featherweights, welterweights, light heavyweights or heavyweights. Im just wondering if either of those weight classes had these 2 fighters in them and they were both at their physical peak/prime in that weight class and had the same physical attributes and talent who's style would prevail over the other?

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                Post prime Roy had "technical" issues with Tarver (counter puncher and a southpew) ....Floyd would have a very good showing vs Jones
                Fixed.

You see the difference is floyd doesn't have tarver's power(Not to mention that tarver is a natural cruiserweight). In order to beat roy you need to be either a high pressure fighter or a big power puncher, unfotunately for floyd,... You just can't stay on defence all the time against roy. Another thing need to be considered is roy's power, in his peak which is at 168, I don't see floyd taking those left hooks and straight rights.

Jones by TKO in 8.

Comment

Working...
                X