Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Advertsing Group Cracks Down on Gender Stereotypes in Ads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] British Advertsing Group Cracks Down on Gender Stereotypes in Ads

I came across this excerpt from the NY Times this morning while reading my morning paper:

One ad for baby formula showed a little girl growing up to be a ballerina and a little boy becoming a mathematician. Another ad, for a weigh-loss drink, asked if viewers were “beach body ready” and showed a bikini-wearing woman whose bronzed image, critics said, promoted an unrealistic standard of beauty. A third ad, for the video game “Game of War,” showed actress Kate Upton scantily dressed on a horse, making it seem as if sexual desirability were a prerequisite for leadership. Britain’s adverting regulator, reacting these ads and similar ones, announced Tuesday that new rules would be developed to ban advertising that promotes gender stereotypes or denigrates people who do not conform to theme; sexually objectifies women; or promotes unhealthy body images. - NEW YORK TIMES
    Where is society going with all this PC and social justice madness? What world are we living in where government can restrict such images in ad campaigns?

Here is the Kate Upton ad:

Basically, ads in Britain cannot show sexy and beautiful women (looking sexy and beautiful) like Kate Upton in this ad. It's astonishing to me how society is 'regressing.' Unbelievable
    Last edited by BostonGuy; 07-19-2017, 08:22 AM.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    I came across this excerpt from the NY Times this morning while reading my morning paper:

Where is society going with all this PC and social justice madness? What world are we living in where government can restrict such images in ad campaigns?

Here is the Kate Upton ad:

Basically, ads in Britain cannot show sexy and beautiful women (looking sexy and beautiful) like Kate Upton in this ad. It's astonishing to me how society is 'regressing.' Unbelievable
    This is lunacy

Comment

Can't wait for the douche ads with the two guys talking about feeling "unfresh".

Comment

F*** Sadiq Khan and all government departments

Comment

Soon it will be illegal to fart on public transport incase you offend someone with a strong sense of smell

Comment

Promoting "unhealthy" body image.

Say goodbye to fit models who eat clean and exercise as the ideal female image.

The powers that be will promote fat Heavyweight soccer moms who eat McDonald's three times a day as the "healthy" image women should strive for and what men should get boners for.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Cotton View Post
              F*** Sadiq Khan and all government departments
              Why anyone would vote for someone with a name like Sadiq is beyond me.

Comment

To be fair, I am tired of advertisers trying to appeal to my dick when selling me video games.

Kate Upton does look great doe

Comment

Oh my...

Comment

New generation of liberals is anti-freedom

And they too stoopid to realize

Comment

Working...
                    X