No announcement yet.

Predict the PPVs Buys On The Upcoming Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Mostly due to Garcia? What makes Garcia a bigger name than Spence? They do equal numbers when they do fights.

Whoa 270k for Crawford/Khan? That would be very solid IMO. And it wouldn't be mainly because of Khan. He doesn't have that type of fan base stateside. Crawford is the one that does great ratings every time out.
    Garcia has the Latino boxing fans, it’s not so easy why this fight is on PPV no offence to spence but it’s not because of him. Khan’s name brings hate = More PPV sales. What did number did Crawford do with ingingo again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Garcia has the Latino boxing fans, it’s not so easy why this fight is on PPV no offence to spence but it’s not because of him. Khan’s name brings hate = More PPV sales. What did number did Crawford do with ingingo again?
      Khan is pretty much irrelevant stateside. Not sure what hat he brings to the table. In the UK? Totally different, but stateside no one cares for him at the moment. There is no hate towards him.

Crawford vs Indongo was on ESPN. That fight averaged 1.2 million.

Crawford vs Postol? Barely did like 50k buys, if that. But Crawford has a bigger name now and Khan is more known than Postol. But Khan is FAR from a huge name or anything. If they get 270k, Arum will be throwing a party the next day.

We shall see, but nothing about Mikey yet screams a superstar. His ratings have been good, but unspectacular on SHO. Not that your guess is terrible or anything as I am guessing 200-225k myself. But mainly Garcia it does 200k? Meh.

Crawford/Khan doing 270k would put it 100k over Ward/Kovalev and 120k over GGG/Jacobs. I don't know man, I don't know..........

Comment

Khan is pretty much irrelevant stateside. Not sure what hat he brings to the table. In the UK? Totally different, but stateside no one cares for him at the moment. There is no hate towards him.

Crawford vs Indongo was on ESPN. That fight averaged 1.2 million.

Crawford vs Postol? Barely did like 50k buys, if that. But Crawford has a bigger name now and Khan is more known than Postol. But Khan is FAR from a huge name or anything. If they get 270k, Arum will be throwing a party the next day.

We shall see, but nothing about Mikey yet screams a superstar. His ratings have been good, but unspectacular on SHO. Not that your guess is terrible or anything as I am guessing 200-225k myself. But mainly Garcia it does 200k? Meh.

Crawford/Khan doing 270k would put it 100k over Ward/Kovalev and 120k over GGG/Jacobs. I don't know man, I don't know..........

Khan name is huge. Hence why they are paying him 5m dollars to have him fight Bud. It’s not about a name screaming superstar. It’s about a name that can be attached to something. Khan and Garcia name does that. Whether they get hate or love they would bring in good number for their opponents. This is why Broner would always sell with good opponent.

Comment

Khan name is huge. Hence why they are paying him 5m dollars to have him fight Bud. It’s not about a name screaming superstar. It’s about a name that can be attached to something. Khan and Garcia name does that. Whether they get hate or love they would bring in good number for their opponents. This is why Broner would always sell with good opponent.
          Broner has proven to be one of the best rated fighters for years. Garcia has not.

Khan's name is NOT huge in the states though, especially now that he has been out of the picture since the Canelo fight. He doesn't get hate here....Because simply he's not relevant right now. Broner on the other hand? Yeah, he gets plenty of hate.

I think you are SEVERELY overrating Khan's name and profile if you think that PPV does 270k buys and it will be mainly because of him, and not Crawford.

Comment

Broner has proven to be one of the best rated fighters for years. Garcia has not.

Khan's name is NOT huge in the states though, especially now that he has been out of the picture since the Canelo fight. He doesn't get hate here....Because simply he's not relevant right now. Broner on the other hand? Yeah, he gets plenty of hate.

I think you are SEVERELY overrating Khan's name and profile if you think that PPV does 270k buys and it will be mainly because of him, and not Crawford.
            Am not underrating Bud, he just need a name to propel him and in comes Khan. Bud is the Mosley of this era, he might be a better fighter than everyone else but that doesn’t translate into sales. Khan has those Asian Pakistani audience and the haters, Garcia has that with the Latino/Mexican background, this is why I pointed them out.

If Bud was fighting Porter next it wouldn’t be on PPV, If Spencer was fighting Porter next it wouldn’t be on PPV. Anyways we shall see when the numbers come out.

Comment

Spence vs Garcia
              Crawford vs Khan
              Wilder vs Fury II (not set yet but likely will)

Early predictions before any known promotion for these fights:

Spence vs Garcia low 200ks so 200-225k

Crawford vs Khan maybe 150-170k

Wilder vs Fury II around 750k-1M
              Agree with the first two.

Wilder vs Fury II does closer to 450k IMO (which would be great for them). Back-to-back rematches almost never do significantly more buys. If I had to guess why, I'd say it's because the curiosity about how their styles will mesh is gone.

Comment

Can’t guess but wilder,spence, then Crawford in that order will have the most buys

Comment

Spence
                  Crawford
                  Wilder

Comment

Wilder/Fury2 I am definitely buying, dont underestimate those numbers IMO over 500k. That fight went viral after it ended. Not sure about the other two, I think Spence/Garcia is more interesting as Crawford will just wipe the floor with Khan. I'll have to see on the undercards and pricing (I think TR said it wont be $75).

Comment

Am not underrating Bud, he just need a name to propel him and in comes Khan. Bud is the Mosley of this era, he might be a better fighter than everyone else but that doesn’t translate into sales. Khan has those Asian Pakistani audience and the haters, Garcia has that with the Latino/Mexican background, this is why I pointed them out.

If Bud was fighting Porter next it wouldn’t be on PPV, If Spencer was fighting Porter next it wouldn’t be on PPV. Anyways we shall see when the numbers come out.
                      But it has never resulted in Khan being a PPV star stateside. Why? Since he has those Asian/Pakistani fans, they didn't result in big gates or great ratings either. Not that his ratings were bad or anything, but nothing special either.

I'm not saying Crawford is a superstar either, but clearly the ESPN plat form has helped him. Been doing good numbers. I also don't think that PPV does over 200k buys. That's why the target should be 150-170k. And remember, it's coming a month after the Spence/Garcia PPV.

As for the Latinos helping the buys? Sure, but they haven't helped him get ratings as they have helped someone like Canelo/DLH. There is nothing that shows Garcia in another level than Spence in terms of name value. Spence actually out did him in ratings last year on SHO. They were close but that's why I said they are pretty much on the same level.

Both are below Broner. If Pacquiao fought Garcia on PPV this past weekend, I don't think it gets to 400k buys.

Comment

Working...
                      X