Nonito Donaire vs. Victor Terrazas in July at Cowboys Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    http://www.mb.com.ph/node/352029/donaire-battle

Arum confirmed it. He then wants Donaire to fight Arce in the fall. I like the matchup, but still want to see Rigo fight him at some point. Hopefully the door is now open for Rigondeaux to fight Nishioka.
    Three soft matches in a row. C'mon Donaire , and after this match it'll be 4 with Arce's old a$$?

Comment

lol, its funny watching ppl make excuses for this supposedly top p4p fighter. lol. smh...u guys are funny.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        lol, its funny watching ppl make excuses for this supposedly top p4p fighter. lol. smh...u guys are funny.
        I see this different. Terrazas has been stopped twice, but he's also on a nice roll with wins over Cermeno and Montiel. The Montiel win was nice. It's good to see a guy like this get his shot. He earned it, it's not a cold gimme', and at this rate, Donaire can go to scratch four times this year.

This fight doesn't merit *****ing.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          I see this different. Terrazas has been stopped twice, but he's also on a nice roll with wins over Cermeno and Montiel. The Montiel win was nice. It's good to see a guy like this get his shot. He earned it, it's not a cold gimme', and at this rate, Donaire can go to scratch four times this year.

This fight doesn't merit *****ing.
          dude, are u serious??? smh...he wasnt supposed to beat montiel. hes not even ranked top 10 at the weight, a weight so devoid of talent that its probably the worse division under 147. whatever yo, lol. donaire is supposedly one of the top 5 fighters in the world but he gets away with fighting these weak fights and theres always an excuse of why its ok. no other top 5 p4p fighter gets the type of benefit of the doubt that this dude gets, its pathetic.

Comment

Who?

Comment

How the hell is this in cowboy stadium?

Comment

dude, are u serious??? smh...he wasnt supposed to beat montiel. hes not even ranked top 10 at the weight, a weight so devoid of talent that its probably the worse division under 147. whatever yo, lol. donaire is supposedly one of the top 5 fighters in the world but he gets away with fighting these weak fights and theres always an excuse of why its ok. no other top 5 p4p fighter gets the type of benefit of the doubt that this dude gets, its pathetic.
                He wasn't supposed to beat Cermeno either. he beat both. I do rate him low in the top ten (10th actually). WBC has him two (silly) I see your P4P point but...

...who cares? P4P is a circle jerk given far more credence than it merits. It's a way for a lot of people to make believe they follow boxing far deeper than they actually do most of the time. Hell, what's the big P4P spread, in recent ring vintage, between a Gabe Campillo and a lot of the guys who get chatter? Bad decisions. He looks as good as all but a handful of active fighters around over the last few years. It's all a farce.

I participate in it so I'm as guilty as anyone in perpetuating that silliness, but it remains silly. Michael Nunn was #3 P4P when Toney beat him. Know what it all added up to?

Nothing. He didn't even end up with a career that got his name on the HOF ballot. Today's P4P is tomorrow's I told you so.

Make a case Donaire is overrated. Your opinion on that will be as valid as the people who ignore the average performances between huge KOs. The only thing that really matters is the class he's in when he's in it. Fights happen in weight classes. There's no such division as P4P.

It's a decent fight at Jr. Feather and I like to see new guys mixed in on occasion. If Donaire is going to fight there, why not? I'd rather see Nishioka, a lot, but fighting other Jr. Feathers who have wins that merit an opportunity is not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  He wasn't supposed to beat Cermeno either. he beat both. I do rate him low in the top ten (10th actually). WBC has him two (silly) I see your P4P point but...

...who cares? P4P is a circle jerk given far more credence than it merits. It's a way for a lot of people to make believe they follow boxing far deeper than they actually do most of the time. Hell, what's the big P4P spread, in recent ring vintage, between a Gabe Campillo and a lot of the guys who get chatter? Bad decisions. He looks as good as all but a handful of active fighters around over the last few years. It's all a farce.

I participate in it so I'm as guilty as anyone in perpetuating that silliness, but it remains silly. Michael Nunn was #3 P4P when Toney beat him. Know what it all added up to?

Nothing. He didn't even end up with a career that got his name on the HOF ballot. Today's P4P is tomorrow's I told you so.

Make a case Donaire is overrated. Your opinion on that will be as valid as the people who ignore the average performances between huge KOs. The only thing that really matters is the class he's in when he's in it. Fights happen in weight classes. There's no such division as P4P.

It's a decent fight at Jr. Feather and I like to see new guys mixed in on occasion. If Donaire is going to fight there, why not? I'd rather see Nishioka, a lot, but fighting other Jr. Feathers who have wins that merit an opportunity is not a big deal.
                  dude, it doesnt matter if i think donaire is overrated or not. this is a ****ty fight for him. its a **** fight. terrazas belongs nowhere near donaire, nowhere. donaire might as well not even fight or fight arce on the pac undercard if hes gonna take this fight, because its frankly pathetic.and it has nothing to do with terrazas getting his chance. sure he deserves his big shot, but not against donaire, and definitely not now. but u enjoy it and u keep making excuses for this dude. but **** is ****.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    How the hell is this in cowboy stadium?
                    I think it might be an undercard fight. I doubt this will be a main event.

Comment

dude, it doesnt matter if i think donaire is overrated or not. this is a ****ty fight for him. its a **** fight. terrazas belongs nowhere near donaire, nowhere. donaire might as well not even fight or fight arce on the pac undercard if hes gonna take this fight, because its frankly pathetic.and it has nothing to do with terrazas getting his chance. sure he deserves his big shot, but not against donaire, and definitely not now. but u enjoy it and u keep making excuses for this dude. but **** is ****.
                      \

I'm not making excuses. At all. I've been critical of Donaire, particularly his choice to move out of boxing best weight class into one of its worst and not going after the only fight at 22 that matters right away.

Look it up.

You got the wrong dude.

Of what's left at 22, this just doesn't bug me. He just had his hands full with WV2 and was pedestrian if dominant over Narvaez. There's a good chance that he's not as good as he looks when he looks beastly.

I've already started moving him down from where I had him in the circle j. I don't preclude doing that further.

Comment

Working...
                      X