No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Signs With Top Rank, ESPN; Wilder Rematch In Jeopardy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOOTALLCLOWNS View Post
    what bad deal was that? alvarez lost so he isn't going to make all that money anymore lol. arum isn't dumb.
    Of course it wasn’t a bad deal for Arum DUH. Definitely was a bad deal for Alvarez that was a crackhead deal he signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      I don’t see no “1” on the record of Wilder in the lost column!

What we do know is that ref Jack Reiss has admitted he did whatever it takes to keep Tyson Fury in the fight and has went against his own protocols!

Never have I seen a ref change up his cadence in counting on a knockdown!

Listen to the difference how he says it from 1-6 and from 7-9!

Sounds like Reiss had money on Fury or a draw possibly!

Thank god if Wilder and Fury ever fight again that Reiss won’t be reffing that fight, he’s lost his touch!
      I never understand when people say that Reiss should have waved the fight off when Fury actually made the count. Fury making the count completely and instantly vindicates Reiss's not waving the fight off.... it just seems like wishful thinking from Wilder fans whenever it comes up, but very few people are still coming out with it because it's such clear BS.

Everyone knows Fury beat Wilder. Even Blueblood admitted it on his own video (because he doesn't know how to calculate scorecards). That's why Fury leapfrogged Wilder in the Ring Magazine rankings, that's why Fury's been offered an £80m contract and Wilder hasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        What Arum say?
        How Fury is a major player in America. He destroyed Joshua and was “Bigging up” Fury big time. I thought that was odd. Because Arum had a good relationship with Hearn.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Fury doesn't have a belt to be stripped so why does he care about a purse bid? ESPN would never up front guarantee all this money just to let him go fight on a rival network. And like I said ESPN and Fury don't care about losing a purse bid he has no belt in the first place no matter how much DAZN or Showtime wins a purse bid.

What's going to happen is ESPN will give him a date and bum opponent and a ton of money and Fury will tell the WBC he doesn't want a rematch and doesn't want a purse bid. He takes himself out of the running for the WBC belt and Joshua owns the remaining belts. Fury is going to bank on calling himself Lineal champ and that he doesn't need a belt and keep fighting on.
          I agree. He's gonna try and take the safe route and just cash out fighting bums rather than risk his 0 and "lineal" title.

Comment

• Im not his biggest fan but a lot of people owe Robbie Barrett an apology. He was right

Comment

• Fury/Rivas is next! Lol smdh

Comment

• Hmm well there you go the division is dead. If Fury & Wilder don't fight next f*** this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                  Im not his biggest fan but a lot of people owe Robbie Barrett an apology. He was right
                  Yep, he was spot on. But Wilder fans will NEVER give him that hahaha. Fury will now go on to fight 5 bums all while calling out AJ and Wilder. AJ will continue to fight top 15 guys while selling out arenas/soccer stadiums while making over 30 million per fight. And Wilder will have to either wait until Whyte vs Breazeale happens or fight Kownacki or Ortiz, both of which can beat him, for 1 or 2 million haha. Wilder should have taken that 15 million because he will NEVER get that now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                    Yep, he was spot on. But Wilder fans will NEVER give him that hahaha. Fury will now go on to fight 5 bums all while calling out AJ and Wilder. AJ will continue to fight top 15 guys while selling out arenas/soccer stadiums while making over 30 million per fight. And Wilder will have to either wait until Whyte vs Breazeale happens or fight Kownacki or Ortiz, both of which can beat him, for 1 or 2 million haha. Wilder should have taken that 15 million because he will NEVER get that now...
                    But wasn't Robbie's prediction based on Wilder ducking a Fury rematch? What happened today is the other way around.

Comment

• It was a shock when I saw this story today. I still haven't really caught up reading about it all yet.

It's a sweet deal for Fury, no wonder he was so generous with his purse from the Wilder fight.

Fair play to him, I can't knock someone for going where the money is. I find the notion that Fury is running from a Wilder fight silly though. The guy came back and rushed into a fight with Wilder on a Showtime card, when his team advised against it. He's not scared of a rematch.

The whole Wilder/Showtime, Joshua/DAZN, Fury/ESPN situation could be a real pain for the fans though.
                      Regardless of what happens, I can't see the rematch being immediate.

There's talk that Showtime have the rematch rights, yet Wilder is saying he can fight elsewhere if he wants. So it will be interesting to see what happens. The fact the rematch was mandated adds more to the storyline too.

The talk of a split airing between Showtime/ESPN doesn't seem like a go'er. I don't think the fight is big enough for that.
                      Last edited by Chrismart; 02-18-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X