Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Breadman" Edwards says Kovalev is a top 15 light heavyweight ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. I only call racist, racists. Queen has a LONG history of 20 plus years. He has not changed one iota since I chased him off AOL boxing boards for his habitual lying and sick racial beliefs.

Comment

After his KO loss to Ward Kovalev was asked to classify the body blows. His response? “Borderline” which he emphasized with the classic hand gesture for on the belt.

Kovalev failed miserably the “toughness” test. Easy to act tough. Difficult to exhibit toughness when really hurt and fighting from behind.

Comment

I feel the way he fell off the wagon after the first Ward fight hurt his career a lot, it seems like his insecurities and vulnerabilities came bubbling up to the surface after he lost the first time. While stoppage was highly controversial in the second Ward fight it doesn't really change the fact that he was well beaten in that fight, the "what if" case for him rallying to win if he hadn't been stopped the way it was is shaky at best. Then there's nothing you can really say as an excuse for the way he got poleaxed by Alvarez. That said, his revenge win against Alvarez was a genuinely great performance, and if he can channel it into some comeback career momentum then I feel like he has a chance to establish himself as top 15, although even if he fights most of the current top guys and beats them all top 10 might still be a bit of a stretch when you look at who he has to climb above. If he crumbles again like he did after Ward 1 then that probably rules him out.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
          No. I only call racist, racists. Queen has a LONG history of 20 plus years. He has not changed one iota since I chased him off AOL boxing boards for his habitual lying and sick racial beliefs.
          --- Stuck on yer potty again I see.

AOL had a great mod who like Tyson was an early test subject for Prozac. He added much insight to the effects and side effects. I was on the forums for 6 yrs and only had one post pulled and never even got a warning. I announced my departure after aol changed the formatting for a terrible result that indicated the end for the forums, and indeed the end of aol as both went kaputsky, a victim of the Peter Principle of corporations where the person or company rises to their level of success until all their failures set.

Met big Benny at a fight we both covered and wrote a spoof piece about that historic encounter. Benny would turn pro and post a perfect record of 1 rd KOs before his retirement.

Posted a tribute to longtime boxing bastion Scott on this forum that he moved to after aol demise. Bought some boxing tapes from him and swapped the leaderboard with him and a few other aol guys in our predictor league, but the ranks are thinning.

Your silence was telling, but tell you what. Just call 911 and firefighters can unbolt your potty seat so you can putter around until it falls off naturally.

Comment

Top 15? Maybe on the lower end.

Comment

Working...
            X