Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Promoter: Wilder Rematch is Far More Money Than Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the fk did boxing fans become more obsessed with money than the sport?

We all know it's part of it, but this fight is the worst fight of the possible 3, yet the yanks are celebrating?

We could have:
    - An Undisputed Fight
    - A 1v2 Ring and Lineal Fight

And instead you're celebrating 2 fighting 3 for a single belt as though you're getting exactly what you want.

And you have the nerve to say Hearn and Joshua are conning people! You've been duped.

Genuinely pathetic in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
      Okay Frank Warren, go back to your fishtank.

Fury vs Wilder rematch DOES NOT make more money than one of those guys vs AJ. It's just facts.

In your opinion it isn't fact. In my fact it is fact. FACT.

#TrooFax
      I agree, only your opinion counts and no one else's does. That's because you are smarter, brighter and the bestist of all time. That's my opinion and in this instance I think you'll agree it's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
        I agree, only your opinion counts and no one else's does. That's because you are smarter, brighter and the bestist of all time. That's my opinion and in this instance I think you'll agree it's a fact.
        Wow....well I never! People usually never concede over the internet, respect man! Glad you could see who the money fight is now.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
          Fury showed how to not get hit and at the same time showed how to only outland your opponent by one punch per round. How often Wilder threw punches is not relevant as it is the punches that land that are scored. In a contest where you only land one punch per round more than your opponent but get knocked down twice a draw is a gift.
          Considering boxing is scored on a round by round basis with defense being considered by the judges it is completely relevant.

His defense made Wilders aggression ineffective for all but 2 rounds, affective aggression is another factor considered by the judges.

Wilder was gifted the draw as agreed by most Professional boxers like Lennox, Ward, RJJ and Floyd who got named titles such as TBE by using the technique of not getting hit and only outlanding by a few punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
            When the fk did boxing fans become more obsessed with money than the sport?

We all know it's part of it, but this fight is the worst fight of the possible 3, yet the yanks are celebrating?

We could have:
            - An Undisputed Fight
            - A 1v2 Ring and Lineal Fight

And instead you're celebrating 2 fighting 3 for a single belt as though you're getting exactly what you want.

And you have the nerve to say Hearn and Joshua are conning people! You've been duped.

Genuinely pathetic in my opinion.
            Any fight with Fury is for the lineal belt. So Wilder-Fury is for the WBC and Lineal belts. Plus it makes a Joshua fight with the winner a 50/50 Undisputed and Lineal fight. Hearn and Joshua know that Wilder and Fury are fighting again, so they are conning as many people as they can to make it SEEM like they want Wilder or Fury next. But most people know that their only real option is Whyte, otherwise they can get sued by Wembley for reneging on the April 13th date, especially at this late stage. Whyte knows this too, and knows that he's the only real alternative for a Wembley fight, so he is demanding as much as he can for the Joshua rematch.

Meanwhile, the Wilder-Fury rematch should be announced any day now, should be more conclusive, and is expected to do much bigger numbers in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
              Any fight with Fury is for the lineal belt. So Wilder-Fury is for the WBC and Lineal belts. Plus it makes a Joshua fight with the winner a 50/50 Undisputed and Lineal fight. Hearn and Joshua know that Wilder and Fury are fighting again, so they are conning as many people as they can to make it SEEM like they want Wilder or Fury next. But most people know that their only real option is Whyte, otherwise they can get sued by Wembley for reneging on the April 13th date, especially at this late stage. Whyte knows this too, and knows that he's the only real alternative for a Wembley fight, so he is demanding as much as he can for the Joshua rematch.

Meanwhile, the Wilder-Fury rematch should be announced any day now, should be more conclusive, and is expected to do much bigger numbers in Vegas.
              Don't worry about the numbers in Vegas. You're a fan not a promoter.

The is some question over the Lineal position. Some believe it's Fury, others believe it's vacant. But Fury v Joshua makes that all irrelevant - it confirms the lineage. It's 1 v 2.

I struggle to think how people don't see that they're getting the third biggest fight out there.

Fury v Joshua resolves the lineage. It would be for the Ring Belt. It would be for a TBRB title. Brings the game back to order.

Wilder v Joshua would be for the 4 belts. Undisputed. And two big hitters - it would be immense.

Fury v Wilder is a big fight. I'll look forward to it if it's announced. But I don't get how people have been convinced that this is the biggest fight out there and celebrating that we won't see one of the other two. The promoters are conning you, and for once it's not Eddie Hearn doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                Don't worry about the numbers in Vegas. You're a fan not a promoter.

The is some question over the Lineal position. Some believe it's Fury, others believe it's vacant. But Fury v Joshua makes that all irrelevant - it confirms the lineage. It's 1 v 2.

I struggle to think how people don't see that they're getting the third biggest fight out there.

Fury v Joshua resolves the lineage. It would be for the Ring Belt. It would be for a TBRB title. Brings the game back to order.

Wilder v Joshua would be for the 4 belts. Undisputed. And two big hitters - it would be immense.

Fury v Wilder is a big fight. I'll look forward to it if it's announced. But I don't get how people have been convinced that this is the biggest fight out there and celebrating that we won't see one of the other two. The promoters are conning you, and for once it's not Eddie Hearn doing it.
                Who beat Klitschko when Klitschko was the lineal champion? See? It's easy.

If you missed it, Wilder-Fury was a great fight, especially if you saw it as it was happening. There is more anticipation for round 13 than any other fight because it was just starting to pick up after the 8th round and the 12th round was a classic. The rematch can't come soon enough...

I'm still amazed that Fury wants to do it again after what he went through in that 12th round. Wilder, for his part, has never wavered from wanting to redeem himself after what he himself admitted was a subpar performance. This is what real fighters do.

Joshua is an after thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                  Wow....well I never! People usually never concede over the internet, respect man! Glad you could see who the money fight is now.
                  Well I'll give you credit, you are certainly unflappable.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                    Considering boxing is scored on a round by round basis with defense being considered by the judges it is completely relevant.

His defense made Wilders aggression ineffective for all but 2 rounds, affective aggression is another factor considered by the judges.

Wilder was gifted the draw as agreed by most Professional boxers like Lennox, Ward, RJJ and Floyd who got named titles such as TBE by using the technique of not getting hit and only outlanding by a few punches.
                    Well if Wilder was being hit only one time per round more than Fury then his defense was almost as good as Fury's. Since he knocked Fury down twice I'd say his aggression was more effective than Fury's. The punch stats tell us that Fury wasn't out boxing Wilder by much although it have appeared that way to the casual fan. So I'll say a draw for Fury and Wilder is pretty fair. In any event both fighters, especially Fury will give Joshua fits.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                      Well I'll give you credit, you are certainly unflappable.
                      I just can't be flapped! Scientists hate me!

Comment

Working...
                      X