Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tank being set up for the Broner treatment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    The only ones i see trying to hype Davis are Lomachenko fans. Everyone else knows he's not ready. They're just trying to invent competition for Loma.
    lol if lomachenko didnt mention tank youd all say he was ducking him. you know thats true.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
      I'm sure Geronta Davis will be guided properly under Mayweather than Broner.

He also seems discipline, humbler and hungry for greatness. Time will tell - the man does have punching power.
      floyd didnt even really have any monetary interest in broner and still trying to reign broner in on a few occasions....just as a favor to the kid and to al....and broner never really got it

although a part of me think broner realized he was never going to be that floyd level special and just figured being ignorant was going to keep him relevant

Comment

He was having a good year until he gave up his title.. He should stay at 135 though, can't hide at 130.

Comment

Does Tank even have that many fans? I mean he's alright, I like the kid but don't really give a **** if he wins or loses. His fight on the McGregor undercard left a bad taste in my mouth. I think Jack is the Mayweather guy to look out for. Anyway yeah, seems people want to see this guy feed to Loma really bad, like beating Tank is the equivalent of Loma beating Floyd by proxy. After whining and making excuses about how a veteran and gold medalist was "too green" for journeyman Salido, those same fans want Tank feed to the wolves and arguably the most skilled fighter in boxing as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
            Does Tank even have that many fans?
            There's been a zillion threads this last week about Tank ducking Loma so it seems to be the hot topic right now. I gotta wonder how much of that has to do w/ Floyd and how much of it is true love/hate for Tank.

Comment

damm yall really need to stop with all the hurt feelings on here. we all adults right? tank is a fighter, mofos gonna get like and hated on by everyone. he's not the first and wont be the last.

Comment

I was riding with Tank until he dropped down to his knees and mimicked his last opponent who was out. That was some low classless stuff right there. It’s one thing to talk smack leading up to the fight but to disrespect a downed opponent like that is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  There's been a zillion threads this last week about Tank ducking Loma so it seems to be the hot topic right now. I gotta wonder how much of that has to do w/ Floyd and how much of it is true love/hate for Tank.
                  As I said earlier today, I bumped the thread where Floyd schooled Rafael Top Rank matchmaking....in that video industry had already asked if he would match Davis with Loma. That was after the Walters fight.... so its been how long since then that Floma fans never brought it up when Floyd spoke about it.

Floma fans, aka #48 - jumping the bandwagon loyalists - got closure when Floyd criticized Flomas win over Rigo, all while M.Garcia is the real threat.

Floyd must be having fun. TMT have Badou Jack to push for Stevenson... such a future fight contextualizes Ward and Kovalev to spin off of, so Floyd's in a win win scenario for his fighters. Jack vs Stevenson is bigger news than Floma vs Davis.

Haymon has his gold stable of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                    I was riding with Tank until he dropped down to his knees and mimicked his last opponent who was out. That was some low classless stuff right there. It’s one thing to talk smack leading up to the fight but to disrespect a downed opponent like that is just wrong.
                    Its better than Pac hitting Marquez having fallen on the ropes doe...which is safer?

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                      I hear you. I thought he sounded humble in post-fight interviews and really liked his attitude early on until I saw that^ shyt and some stuff of him acting like a douchebag in a mall or some shyt. lol
                      Not that a guy needs to be saintly for me to like him but it goes back to a personal saying of mine which is that it's easier to be an a$$hole than it is to show class.

Comment

Working...
                      X