Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tank being set up for the Broner treatment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tank being set up for the Broner treatment?

Seems there's a lot of similarities;
    Young guy. Looks very impressive. Talks shyt. Gets in trouble. Has an association w/ Floyd.

Mayweather haters can't wait to see him lose and are sitting there with baited breath. They can't even wait for him to get more experience before facing the top guy. First time he loses a close fight, they're going to make it the event of the year and mock him to no end.

I don't think his fans are helping him out a whole lot either as he's been overhyped a bit. I think he's shown inconsistencies and the fact that he's got a bulky frame means he's soon going to be a really short guy for whatever division he ends up in. He's not going to be a Floyd or Ward so be prepared for that.

There's way too much pressure on this kid, simply because of his Mayweather association. Seems like a talented guy but they are going to rip him apart, just like Broner, as soon as he loses. All because they still got the anger toward Floyd.
    Yes, Floyd haters can't wait for him to lose.
    40.00%
    Yes, both haters and fans are putting too much pressure on him.
    20.00%
    No. I don't think he has any similarities with Broner.
    40.00%

i havent followed davis a ton as far as interviews and whatnot...ive seen him on showtime before a fight being interviewed....but he seems less ignorant and dumb than broner...like broner has a certain quality to him that makes him really easy to dislike....davis doesnt seem to be on that level....broner is just stupid and ignorant on a whole different level

but yeah...when davis loses it will be an event...if he lost to loma the loma groupies will be acting as if it was loma himself that beat floyd himself

Comment

Comment

I think he's too immature to handle this so yea. He almost got in trouble with that assault charge

Comment

Yeah he's Broner 2.0

Comment

Tank can't talk to save his life. AB love or hate him, has a mouth piece on him to sale his fights.

Comment

Fans are still ripping Loma apart for his loss to Salido. Floyd inflated the value of an undefeated record, so naturally Davis will be held to that standard too.

Comment

The only ones i see trying to hype Davis are Lomachenko fans. Everyone else knows he's not ready. They're just trying to invent competition for Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  i havent followed davis a ton as far as interviews and whatnot...ive seen him on showtime before a fight being interviewed....but he seems less ignorant and dumb than broner...like broner has a certain quality to him that makes him really easy to dislike....davis doesnt seem to be on that level....broner is just stupid and ignorant on a whole different level

but yeah...when davis loses it will be an event...if he lost to loma the loma groupies will be acting as if it was loma himself that beat floyd himself
                  Broner reveled in ignorance and even I cheered for Maidana. Tank can be humble and charming in interviews, but I've also see vids of him acting ignorant and hot headed so I'm not sure what to think of him.

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                  I think he's too immature to handle this so yea. He almost got in trouble with that assault charge
                  Might be. I remember Broner wasn't so bad until he got in the spotlight. Then, he just got worse the more attention he got. I came up poor and when I started getting a little attention and money, it turned me into a monster. It's real easy to fall into that trap and I think the pressure might get to Tank. We'll see.

Comment

I'm sure Geronta Davis will be guided properly under Mayweather than Broner.

He also seems discipline, humbler and hungry for greatness. Time will tell - the man does have punching power.

Comment

Working...
                    X