No announcement yet.

I Got BRONER Giving Figueroa Jr. his First Loss - 145-147lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got BRONER Giving Figueroa Jr. his First Loss - 145-147lbs

Broner too big for 140 now. Figueroa Jr. will agree to fight Broner from 140-147. Let's see how PBC will manage this. In fact, as my theory for Broner carrying M. Garcia holds true for this reason:

Broner accepts his position as a bonafide PBC gatekeeper for upcoming PBC stars. When Broner and Spence were interviewed about the Lubin Charlo fight, Broner was just neutral and subliminaly said he likes all of Haymon fighters...

This being, I can see plans for Haymon mgmt prepping Figueroa Jr. for his future fights. Broner is a tough guy to go through. Now I'm probably contradicting myself in saying he'll be carrying Figueora Jr. Vs stopping Figueroa Jr. I'm hard pressed on this one as both guys are good for mainstream challengers for primetime tv against current 147 defending Champs.

DeMarco and Guerrero aren't heavy handed like Broner, and Figueroa Jr. hasn't fought an elite 140-147 seasoned fighter. Figueroa Jr. is tailor made for Broner at 147. I see a Molina Jr. Vs Matthysse type of match-up where Broner will get the end with the more sharp counters that Figueroa Jr.'s dad will stop the fight. For me Broner is just more battle tested with Chino and Porter. He can take Figueroa's power, and see Broner counterring upstairs when Jr. goes to the body. Might be a Allahkierdiev type fight again

Broner should stay at 140 for stamina reasons.

Even if he isn't fat at 147 his work rate lacks severely, worse than it already is.

He can't afford low output against a guy like Figueroa.

Figueroa is a big guy and a BIG puncher (more than people think) he's also more skilled than people think, and the right opponent will bring that out of Figueroa.

Broner on his A game beats him though.

Comment

Lol Figs should pull away once Broner realizes he cant bully Figs. Broner isnt outboxing very good/great fighters at WW. He just doesnt throw enough and he gets hit a lot even though he thinks the shots are not landing by shaking his head LOL.

If Figueroa fights at his best he should be able to overcome Broner who is extremely limited.

Comment

Maybe you are right but I have no faith in Broner. I don't think his heart is in boxing anymore and he doesn't train or fight as hard as hard as he should.

Comment

Ricky Burns deserved a draw. If AB turns up he could play with this fool. Will he turn up though?

Comment

Broner needs to switch things up. New team or something. His moves are predictable and he's gotten away from who he was (which started once he started thinking he was Floyd). If he continues with the same old, Figureroa will steamroll him.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
              Ricky Burns deserved a draw. If AB turns up he could play with this fool. Will he turn up though?
              That was Figureoa at his worst tbh, he is better than that.

Comment

if you thought broners resume was bad....here comes figueroa!

Comment

Working...
                X