Collapse
No announcement yet.

ring magazine fighter of the year- vasyl lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a no brainer for me, even beyond his wins this year, he had the biggest impact of any fighter. Golovkin had Jacobs and a draw with Canelo which would be the best two wins of the year, but the 'draw' hurts his chances IMO.

Comment

If people were being honest Rungvisvi beating the P4P 1 in the first fight and the P4P top 5 in the 2nd fight were the best wins of 2017.

He doesn't get the media hype and attention so can't give it him though.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Oh damn, so are the same posters who use ring ratings and opinions on the mythical p4p list going to make up conspiracy about how a TR promoted fighter won FOTY from a magazine owned by GBP? No doubt a lot of the same folk who demanded the Rigo fight and were certain Loma would get schooled.

In all seriousness it could have been any one of Rungvisai, Lomachenko, Crawford, GGG. Whichever way they voted is fair enough. Definitely a nice accolade for him though to be awarded FOTY by the oldest and longest standing publication in the sport after just 11 fights is a great feather in his cap and no amount of salt or tears can erase that.
        Golden boy only has 2 fighters. And one of them just got schooled by billy joe Saunders

Comment

Fair enough.
          Loma, GGG,Crawford..all had good years.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            I'd have picked Golovkin but Loma is a fair choice
            yeah i think i edge towards lomachenko. great year for golovkin but in most peoples eyes he had a harder time with jacobs than people expected, whereas lomachenko barely lost a round this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              I'd have picked Golovkin but Loma is a fair choice
              We get it Bob, you love Golovkin.

Comment

Ring magazine been lost cred who cares

Comment

Congrats to Loma. There were a couple of other fighters who were also pretty good candidates.

I think Loma might have won this based on the way he humiliated his opposition. It isn't just about who you beat, but it is also how you beat them. Loma's sheer dominance in his wins was probably a factor.

Comment

He deserves that honor and a few other boxers would also be good choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      We get it Bob, you love Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X