Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Canelo Winner Will Likely Be Ordered To Face Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Canelo Winner Will Likely Be Ordered To Face Charlo

As BoxingScene.com reported earlier, the World Boxing Council has ordered a rematch between WBC champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) and Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs). WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman confirmed that the sanctioning body will enforce a sequel to their scintillating battle from last month, which ended in a controversial twelve round split draw at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ooooooooooh!!!!!!!

Comment

Big fan of Charlo but let's be real, mandatory means nothing. GGG was mandatory for how long? Would love to see Charlo destroy a top 5 guy and be undeniable and get the winner in Sept.

Comment

Perhaps when GGG will get old and his bones creaking, then Canelo will have the best chance to defeat him. Why not push the rematch to 2020?

Comment

Geez...what a quandary. Canelo won't recognize or accept the WBC belt even if he wins. Charlos not far from being as boring to watch as Monroe Jr or Wade. Yet WBC talking like they're the ones who make the world turn or something. And aren't they the ones who made that really gaudy 'special' belt for Canelo/GGG I? It's like the gears are tightening and are about ready to crack and fall apart... but at this point we don't know WHICH gears it will be.

No worries, the Canelo/GGG rematch will be ever better than the first fight, so that's all I will concentrate on.

Comment

Oh - and I believe that Charlo beats Canelo right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              Geez...what a quandary. Canelo won't recognize or accept the WBC belt even if he wins. Charlos not far from being as boring to watch as Monroe Jr or Wade. Yet WBC talking like they're the ones who make the world turn or something. And aren't they the ones who made that really gaudy 'special' belt for Canelo/GGG I? It's like the gears are tightening and are about ready to crack and fall apart... but at this point we don't know WHICH gears it will be.

No worries, the Canelo/GGG rematch will be ever better than the first fight, so that's all I will concentrate on.
              There's no comparison to Charlo and those bums (Monroe, Wade) and you know it.

You're scared your man will finally meet more than his match and you're tryna downplay Charlo so you can justify the duck.

But I know duck behaviour already. If Charlo really was a bum you would have no problem with the fight just like you didn't with Wade and Monroe and all those other bums.

Comment

Ca$hnelo is gonna whoop golovkin's ass again and not fight for the wbc then people will claim he's ducking charlo lol canelo has floyd syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                  Ca$hnelo is gonna whoop golovkin's ass again
                  Yes, Adalaide. Sure.

Comment

A lot of good American fighters, only 2 elite American fighters (Bud, Mikey). This would be Jermall's chance to make it 3.

EDIT: _original_ corrected me. There are actually 3 elite America fighters, Crawford, M. Garcia, and Thurman. Jermall could become the 4th depending on how things go.

If you're curious about the good fighters? Just off the top of my head from heaviest to lightest; Wilder, Jacobs, Charlo, Andrade, Lubin, Hurd, Spence, D. Garcia, Prograis, Russell, J. Diaz, Warren, S. Stevenson.
                    Last edited by Pigeons; 10-03-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X