Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin, Sanchez Frown at Golden Boy's Offer To Face Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate talking about money but anyone saying that is a fair offer seriously needs to go sit in on a business 101 class or something. He takes 10 million for this fight right...ain't nobody paying for a rematch is one or the other gets KTFO so what's left. Who gets Canelo a 30, 40, 50 million dollar payday? Who gets Golovkin a 20, 30, or even 40 million dollar payday? These are the realities people refuse to face, ain't no huge @ss paydays at 160 beyond this for either man, ain't no huge payday at 168, and damn sure ain't no big payday at 175 as it currently stands. Hell Kovalev and Ward might not see $12 million for their fight combined.

Comment

Oh well, no fight

Comment

This is how they're going to stall the fight until GGG gets old.🤔

Comment

I want all the belts

I thought GGG wanted all the belts and was not a business man. But he should be pursuing the wbo belt not a canelo fight until he's unified. But just like other professional prizefighters he's after that $$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
            Flat fee is a no go buddy, if you knew how business is done, you'd understand.

Give the man a % of the PPV earnings, I'd say about 40% (35%) with a nice fee an we're talking, this is the man you handed a belt to in other to avoid fighting him and now you wanna suck him dry in the cash department, no way jose
            You're forgetting that Canelo doesn't need GGG.

Take the offer or kick rocks.

Comment

Whether GGG accepts his offer or not, Canelo won't fight him till Sept 2017, at the earliest. GGG wouldn't see a single cent of that $10 million till then. And that's assuming Canelo keeps his word and fights this time, instead of backing off again and fucking everybody around for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                Flat fee is a no go buddy, if you knew how business is done, you'd understand.

Give the man a % of the PPV earnings, I'd say about 40% (35%) with a nice fee an we're talking, this is the man you handed a belt to in other to avoid fighting him and now you wanna suck him dry in the cash department, no way jose
                HAHAHA im like one of the very few really successful businessmen here.

This flat fee is 100% proper for ggg he deserves no more and canelo and team owe ggg no favors. Now if ggg team was smart and really believed they could win they wouldnt allow canelo to escape their grasp cause a Canelo W (especially a KO) put GGG into another realm of attraction and put him into a position to make PPV money from here on out that will make up for the momentary L he took vs canelo in the money department. Real businessmen dont fuck up their future for the quick lick lil punks and thugs with no future do that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                  This is how they're going to stall the fight until GGG gets old.🤔
                  He's already old.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    how does ggg belts hold any leverage when Canelo gave him one?! Lol, he should take he 10 mil and if he wins like he says he will, then he is the man! Have to beat the man to be the man and he isn't even giving himself a chance by asking for too much

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                      Ggg has every right to want a fair share of the proceeds. After all canelo by himself only pulls in around 300k in ppvs like we saw in his last fight. He needs someone like ggg to pull in over a mill. Canelos team offering a flat 10 mill is ducking in my eyes, on the other hand if push comes to shove gggshould accept the offer, beat canelo and then ggg will be the sports biggest star and can start commanding big money for big ppv fights like canelo. As a big ggg fan and as much as i think the 10 million is trying to price canelo out of the fight, i will be pissed if ggg walks away from this. The upside is too high and the sport needs this fight. Plus 10 million is 10 million where else can ggg get 10 million
                      That's more than GGG can earn on his own.

Comment

Working...
                      X