Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley - "Floyd Mayweather and Saul Alvarez hit about as hard as each other"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Mosley - "Floyd Mayweather and Saul Alvarez hit about as hard as each other"

Interesting.

Discuss.

The guy basically asked him if Canelo was going to be able to do what he did (buckling Mayweather) so that might have influenced his response.

Maybe he's being genuine but personally I think Mosley looked a lot more beat up after the Canelo bout. although he did a lot better in that fight than he did against FMJ.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-17-2012, 08:19 AM.

Comment

trying to sell the fight i see.

No way floyd hits as hard as canelo, with or without lidocaine.

Comment

I doubt there'd be much difference between them if they both put everything in to a punch, Mayweather sacrifices power for speed and very rarely loads up on punches. He did catch Mosley with a few in their fight though.

Comment

I believe him. The level of opponent should be enough to agree. I simply don't see how anyone would try to argue different. Logically ginger has fought only 1 half decent jr middleweight his entire tenure there. He's supposed to look like a beast if he's fighting the likes of Josesito at 154. I bet Floyd would too & take a lot less punishment in the process.

Comment

floyd is just as good a puncher as canelo but canelo probably hits harder.

i think alvarez has more power, but floyd has more speed, precision, timing, variety and intelligence. floyd does a better job of hitting you with shots you dont see, he walks you into shots and that makes up for having less power and makes him just as good a puncher as canelo overall.

floyd did hurt mosley just as much as canelo if not more, he hurts almost everyone he fights. when he sits down on his shots he can really crack, his power is very underrated.
            Last edited by #1Assassin; 12-17-2012, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Canelo hits much harder. Baldimor took a ton of a prime Floyd's punches and never even blinked. Canelo hit Baldimor with one left hook and he was out cold. Canelo usually gets the KO and in his last 10 fights Floyd usually does not. Canelo is a natural 154 pounder and Floyd is really a welterweight. Mosley is getting hit so much lately I don't think he can tell one hard punch from another.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Interesting.

Discuss.

probably because he could see Canelo's shots coming, whereas alot of Floyd's shots he didn't really see.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  floyd is just as good a puncher as canelo but canelo probably hits harder.

i think alvarez has more power, but floyd has more speed, precision, timing, variety and intelligence. floyd does a better job of hitting you with shots you dont see, he walks you into shots and that makes up for having less power and makes him just as good a puncher as canelo overall.

floyd did hurt mosley just as much as canelo if not more, he hurts almost everyone he fights. when he sits down on his shots he can really crack, his power is very underrated.

It's basically this. He walks guys into shots or gets in the sneaky ones they don't see. If Floyd opened up he would get alot more KO's, but he is content with not risking getting a shot he himself doesn't see.

Comment

Bushbaby, it's great to have you back on Boxing Scene. If Floyd fights Canelo I'd like to bet you some points that Canelo beats him. I've never bet points before so you can show me how it's done.

Comment

Working...
                    X