Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton: That Got The Cobwebs Off, Now I Want The Big Guys!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton: That Got The Cobwebs Off, Now I Want The Big Guys!

"You have to get to know fighters emotionally and know their character," stated Salford's Jamie Moore, Carl Frampton's new trainer, when talking to BoxingScene about the Belfast-based boxer's mini-comeback fight against Mexico's Horacio Garcia at the city's SSE Arena. The 'mini' in comeback stems from the fact that Frampton may be coming off his sole defeat as a professional, but had a fight scheduled against Andres Gutierrez in the summer only for that one to be spiked after the visitor fell and injured himself getting into the shower on the eve of the contest. The bad vibes had started to circulate the day before when Frampton failed to make weight for what would have been an eliminator for the WBC title held by America's Gary Russell Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He got the cobwebs with all the hugging.

Comment

he was in a very tough fight tonight. trouble is theres to many mexicans in his weight class, hes not realy that good

Comment

lol @ this "touch mexican" cliche

that was a basic ass boxer who pushed him to the limit. retirement isnt too far away for this guy

Comment

Lil stubby lol. Little boy isnt cut out for 126.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Lil stubby lol. Little boy isnt cut out for 126.
            I'd pick him over Oscar Valdez

Comment

Horacio brought it, if Frampton gets a rematch with Santa Cruz guys like H. Garcia are good for Carl, so maybe he should find someone that emulates Mares incase Abner upsets Leo.

Comment

he's past it tbh.

Comment

I read that Frampton had limited sparring by half or something like that, I wonder if that had a big effect on him.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    I read that Frampton had limited sparring by half or something like that, I wonder if that had a big effect on him.
                    I do think that he should have cut it, just should have cut it down after getting back and this fight, not after a year out. I personally think he gassed for other reasons.

He knows this guy from sparring and was allowed to pick his opponent. He seems to have some ego/pride issue with his power. I really think he picked this guy to try and make a statement and he failed. Moore gave him a good boxing plan to win, he has a very strong body punch. He abandoned both and spent 2 3rds of the fight head hunting and wasting all his energy.

Look at the effort he was putting in each punch. Stupid. He caught him clean in the first with a peach and the guy ate it like a marshmallow. Any one with a lick of sense should have realised then that he was gonna have to work the body. The slipping was unfortunate but it was handled badly. The first is unavoidable but the ground wasn't checked for fluid and Garcia was fine (although much more flat footed) which makes me think his corner should have checked his boots. This also made me think when watching that he realised he ****ed up in the later stages. He got wary of his footwork around mid, early in the fight he stopped to trade through pride, I think late on he did it more to avoid slipping and by then he had realised that he couldn't drop him in 1 and he had neglected his body work and was now too tired for a big body blow.

I don't think he is as done as the fight made him look as it was a bad fight for him and he fought it in a stupid way. He looked good in the first 2 rounds and the change in trainer was noticable. However in with any of the top talent at that weight at the minute I see him getting eaten up.

As a belfast boxing fan, I was disappointed with the Frampton fight, I wanted him to show me more as I have been jaded on him for a few years now and he didn't, juries still out. Conlan was heartbreaking to watch, he is such a warrior but he was so outclassed. He was in with someone I think people will look back on as special and I don't think half of us plebs in belfast even realised the quality that we had in front of us. IMO the winner of the night was Paddy Barnes, he stepped up, had adversity in the contest and weigh in and put on an impressive unquestionable performance. Didn't think I would be saying that when it all ended.

Comment

Working...
                    X