Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Stops Enrico Koelling in Twelfth, Wins IBF Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letr's keep him active now and get all these guys fighting.

Comment

The hotest division right now. Can`t wait to see all these guys fighting each other.. Gvozdyk - Bivol, Bivol -Beterbiev, Beterbiev - Gvozdyk, Kovalev is still around, Stevenson, Barrera...there are many many very good combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane1091 View Post
        He was out of the ring for almost a year and it was a title fight for which he was waiting for all his life. Sure beterbiev could have ended it allot early but why would he when he was winning every single round but he needs to improve his combination and throw different angles.
        I've heard that one before.

Comment

Let's see what he does against someone that actually wants to fight and fights back hard. We'll l see if beterbiev can swim or drown.

Comment

The Chechan was in Cruise control for the whole fight, stepped it up in the 12th and finished the fight.

Would love to see him fight Bute or Pascal next.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
              Amazing how many of you can't tell what you are looking at. Like the poster above said, he carried him.

Let me give you guys the real breakdown of what happened in there.

Beterbiev has the most effortless power I've seen maybe ever. He basically backed up a guy using what I estimate to be a quarter of his power. He pumled the guy all fight with a quarter power. And in the final round as soon as he stepped up his pressure, all his opponents could do was ball up and fall down. He could of ended that fight in the exact same fashion in any round.

Artur will destroy the rest of this weight class. And that dude Artur fought was carried. Not to mention Artur walks through punches better than anyone I've seen as well. If you were unimpressed with Artur then you missed a lot.

Brilliantly written. Couldn't agree more!

Artur Beterbiev, Gennady Golovkin and Wladimir Klitschko seem to have the most effortless looking power I've ever seen from any power puncher / knockout artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                Brilliantly written. Couldn't agree more!

Artur Beterbiev, Gennady Golovkin and Wladimir Klitschko seem to have the most effortless looking power I've ever seen from any power puncher / knockout artist.
                Really? GGG didn't look so powerful against top guys like Canelo and Jacobs, he even looked weak. Wlad is a Heavyweight with no great wins. Artur, who I like, doesn't have top opposition on his resume yet. I'm just saying, no need to talk hyperbolic.

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
                  The Chechan was in Cruise control for the whole fight, stepped it up in the 12th and finished the fight.

Would love to see him fight Bute or Pascal next.
                  Bute or Pascal? They should both retire nevermind fighting Beterbiev.

I was very happy with his performance last night...
                  -Short distance power
                  -Stamina (1111 punches) with no signs of slowing down
                  -Finishing capacity
                  -Ring IQ
                  -Defense

He won every round and ended the fight with a KO.

We'll see who has the balls to fight him next...

Gvozdyk?
                  Barrera?
                  Kovalev?

Since Stevenson, Alvarez and Beterbiev are all promoted by Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) and advised by Al Haymon, I don't think they will face each other.

Comment

Beterbiev was missing that killer instinct last night. I know he has it in him, as he often went for the kill as an amateurs and even in previous pro bouts.

Maybe he just wanted to get rounds in since he has been really inactive the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      about 10 more rounds than i thought it would last, i didnt know koelling was going to run all nightt doe.
                      Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                      this was the guy that fans on here said would give ward fits at the time? eastern european prospects/fighters always seem to be instantly overrated right from the gate. i mean every single time. don't even have to do too much for it ether.

i think even stevenson cleans his clock in 5 rounds.

Stevenson wouldn't do that kinda **** to this guy. Beterbiev has a great chin and has a good chance to catch stevenson as adonis comes to fight

Comment

Working...
                      X