Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    Lost both my bets

Havent seen fights but heard helenius went into survival mode. So not displeased with my bet. I needed an aj takam style stoppage. Dillian does punch with fighters and with helenius not throwing obv he cant do that. Im shocked his chin held up though.
    Yeah after rd 3 Helenius gassed and went into sparring partner mode, and made Whyte look ****. Do yourself a favor and dont bother watching it. I was surprised with his chin as well but I didn't pick Whyte cus of his power

Comment

• mlac can you take a look at the method of victory prices and let me kno if you see anything mate?

Comment

mlac can you take a look at the method of victory prices and let me kno if you see anything mate?
        They haven't released the methods for the yank card yet but from a quick look at Hearns card, the only thing that jumped out at me was:

under 5.5 rounds 4/6 in the bivol fight.

should be over in 3 rounds. total mismatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
          They haven't released the methods for the yank card yet but from a quick look at Hearns card, the only thing that jumped out at me was:

under 5.5 rounds 4/6 in the bivol fight.

should be over in 3 rounds. total mismatch.
          broadhurst says hes gonna want a chess match for first 6 rounds, ill look into it

what you think about porter granados going distance at 4/6 , i kno granados isnt a full welterweight like porter but he has a helluva chin and its a 10 rounderm and i think he has enough power to keep porter from doin what he did to paulie

Comment

broadhurst says hes gonna want a chess match for first 6 rounds, ill look into it

what you think about porter granados going distance at 4/6 , i kno granados isnt a full welterweight like porter but he has a helluva chin and its a 10 rounderm and i think he has enough power to keep porter from doin what he did to paulie
            What he wants, and what he'll get are 2 very different things.

He doesnt have the power to keep Bivol off, bivol is extremely good at cutting off the ring and has very fast hands, he'll trap him on the ropes after 1-2 feeling out rnds and realising he has nothing to offer in return.
            I watched his fight agaisnt Kiwi journeyman Berridge, and he could of got up after the KD but didnt want any of it, we will see the same agaisnt Bivol who will likely finish him much quciker that Berridge did (KO'd in the 5th)

Granados is very tough like you say, but 4/6 is way too short for the risk involved, Porter will smother him on the ropes and could easily get a TKO, he is relentless. whats the price for a ko then, 13/8 or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
              What he wants, and what he'll get are 2 very different things.

He doesnt have the power to keep Bivol off, bivol is extremely good at cutting off the ring and has very fast hands, he'll trap him on the ropes after 1-2 feeling out rnds and realising he has nothing to offer in return.
              I watched his fight agaisnt Kiwi journeyman Berridge, and he could of got up after the KD but didnt want any of it, we will see the same agaisnt Bivol who will likely finish him much quciker that Berridge did (KO'd in the 5th)

Granados is very tough like you say, but 4/6 is way too short for the risk involved, Porter will smother him on the ropes and could easily get a TKO, he is relentless. whats the price for a ko then, 13/8 or something?
              i saw exact same thing with the berridge broadhurst fight, coulda easily gotten up and quit straight away,

ko is 11/8

Comment

• Some degen action for tonight:

Jesus Soto Karass (+161) vs Juan Carlos Abreu ~$105.00 for ~$169.05
                Last edited by JimGunn; 11-02-2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• mlac locked in for granados decision at 16/1, although found out after that he only had a month notice for the fight but i still think 16/1 is ridiculous vs an overrated porter

gonna bet inplay for the rest

solis at 3/1 is so good but the judges had solis only winning 3, 4, and 5 rounds in a fight where i had him winning 11. i expect mcdonnells adjustments to be throw more and go to body more, and i just dont think that will change much in terms of how rematch will play out, and i expect mcdonnell to start too fast and not regulate his stamina effectively enough.

best scenario where betting for cashout play is where potential robberies are involved so i may bet on solis to win after a quick watch of a few rounds

Comment

• any thoughts on chisora kabayel? im currently watching kabayels split decision against journeyman oluonkun and he looked piss poor in the fight.

just puts his guard up, but still has a very leaky defense. ate a stupid amount of lead right uppercuts and right hands behind the guard.
                    Didnt use head movement or foot movement to get out of range and mostly just blocks punches with his guard. Something chisora has an easier time against.
                    if he didnt improve vastly in the last three years, he has no chance against chisora.

His punches also lack explosiveness and power and the card is promoted by hearn.

Comment

mlac locked in for granados decision at 16/1, although found out after that he only had a month notice for the fight but i still think 16/1 is ridiculous vs an overrated porter

gonna bet inplay for the rest

solis at 3/1 is so good but the judges had solis only winning 3, 4, and 5 rounds in a fight where i had him winning 11. i expect mcdonnells adjustments to be throw more and go to body more, and i just dont think that will change much in terms of how rematch will play out, and i expect mcdonnell to start too fast and not regulate his stamina effectively enough.

best scenario where betting for cashout play is where potential robberies are involved so i may bet on solis to win after a quick watch of a few rounds
                      Honestly can't see Granados beating a Haymon favorite like Porter, but I like the bet for value. I think Porter by stoppage at plus money is pretty good, also, considering Granados isn't a legit welterweight and only knows how to fight off the front foot.

Comment

Working...
                      X