No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Canelo Alvarez 160-Pounds, Gennady Golovkin 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    i don't understand the whole 155 lbs thing. canelo looks good at 160 lbs. he might be shorter than GGG but he is pretty wide.
    He doesn't have the power to KO MW boxers and he knew he would get stomped by GGG, hence adding 15 pounds of muscle for this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
      And ggg doesn't come straight forward? Lol
      Not against tough opponents who can bang. For example, David Lemieux. Golovkin fought with a nice distance early on, was mindful of Lemieux's shots and most importantly worked an excellent jab. I fully expect Golovkin to come out in similar fashion - he's not going to be going in a straight line directly into Canelo, he's going to "Max, this is box, later I street fight for big drama show". Golovkin knows Canelo is the best he's fought, he knows he's dangerous, he knew that from sparring several years ago and knows he's even better today.

Eventually it will come a time where they are trading blow for blow and anything can happen, but ideally you can bet on Golovkin and Abel's plan is for Golovkin to box, use his jab and ideally wear Canelo down with that jab and style of fighting, and then slowly turn up the heat until a KO. Whether or not it works against Canelo remains to be seen obviously, but I can guarantee you that's the plan, at least for the early rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Not against tough opponents who can bang. For example, David Lemieux. Golovkin fought with a nice distance early on, was mindful of Lemieux's shots and most importantly worked an excellent jab. I fully expect Golovkin to come out in similar fashion - he's not going to be going in a straight line directly into Canelo, he's going to "Max, this is box, later I street fight for big drama show". Golovkin knows Canelo is the best he's fought, he knows he's dangerous, he knew that from sparring several years ago and knows he's even better today.

Eventually it will come a time where they are trading blow for blow and anything can happen, but ideally you can bet on Golovkin and Abel's plan is for Golovkin to box, use his jab and ideally wear Canelo down with that jab and style of fighting, and then slowly turn up the heat until a KO. Whether or not it works against Canelo remains to be seen obviously, but I can guarantee you that's the plan, at least for the early rounds.
        I agree, but to me... that would be giving rounds away to canelo as he is the superior more complete boxer. Ggg needs a ko, he will not outbox canelo

Comment

Cool, we shall disagree. Let me ask you this... if canelo stops ggg, will you then think he hits harder than Jacobs?
          Not necessarily. Do you think Tim Bradley hits harder than Pacquiao because he stopped Rios and Pacquiao didn't?

Comment

I agree, but to me... that would be giving rounds away to canelo as he is the superior more complete boxer. Ggg needs a ko, he will not outbox canelo

he's a flat footed slow counter puncher golovkin is the better boxer he cuts the ring off, sets up shots, and has the best jab in the sport. He can also be very cautious against hard punchers his ring iq is better as well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                he's a flat footed slow counter puncher golovkin is the better boxer he cuts the ring off, sets up shots, and has the best jab in the sport. He can also be very cautious against hard punchers his ring iq is better as well.
                Ak canelo has fast hands and really good upper body movement. His feet are stuck in cement but his hand speed will be way faster than ggg

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  Not necessarily. Do you think Tim Bradley hits harder than Pacquiao because he stopped Rios and Pacquiao didn't?
                  Exactly so who care what their ko records say. I don't see Jacobs throwing punches the way canelo and ggg do... I think canelo hits harder than Jacobs. Without considering any records or ko percentage

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    Dude canelo looks hella shook. Not saying he is at all but his eyes are all over. Ggg is like ok you good boy let's get this over wit

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      Feet won't be needed in this fight. No one will be running. Only thing ggg has over canelo is size and bone density which allows for harder punches. Other than that, canelo is superior. Fan boy. Bet Accts real quick... back up your beliefs

Comment

Working...
                      X