Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False: Prime Roy Jones jr was on another level than Prime Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True because in his prime, at his weight class he was unstoppable.

Floyd had to strategize.

He either:

Robbed someone- Castillo
    Robbed someone- Oscar
    Asked them to jump up in multiple weights- JMM
    Drained them- Canelo at 152lbs
    Aged them- Fought an old past prime Oscar
    Aged them- Fought a slower and out of sync Pacquaio

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
      Maybe even for skill but how is it even for speed, you can SEE the difference in the videos.
      Roy had that low hand flash style. But what about reaction speed, foot speed, head speed? Floyd at 130/135 was fast as **** and technically more sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
        True because in his prime, at his weight class he was unstoppable.

Floyd had to strategize.

He either:

Robbed someone- Castillo
        Robbed someone- Oscar
        Asked them to jump up in multiple weights- JMM
        Drained them- Canelo at 152lbs
        Aged them- Fought an old past prime Oscar
        Aged them- Fought a slower and out of sync Pacquaio
        You don't know Sh.it about Boxing Son.!

Comment

Floyd better technical boxer better ring IQ better class of opponent over all career, Roy athletic more power and only fought a couple of top guys in prime. If Floyd was a MW he would give Roy fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
            Floyd better technical boxer better ring IQ better class of opponent over all career, Roy athletic more power and only fought a couple of top guys in prime. If Floyd was a MW he would give Roy fits.
            Just like Hopkins gave RJJ fits.

Wait.

Comment

Roy was the superior athlete and more explosive of the two!

But Mayweather is superior in ring IQ and boxing ability which is why he still was dominating and winning even when he was past his prime!

A fight between them in the same weight class would be legendary, I’d pick Prime Roy to beat Prime Floyd but not Money Mayweather who was smarter and more experienced than Prime Floyd!

Comment

Roy was on another level from everyone during his prime.

Comment

put it this way...

i watch prime roy and prime floyd and hell even prime pac. but only for prime roy where im amazed by some of his performance. prime floyd and prime pac are both respectfully skilled in their own right but i've never really been amazed, they were good, but prime roy, in some of his fights it just makes you go dammmmmmm! maybe it was the choices of opponents? i dont know, all i know prime roy was wayyyyyyy more exciting to watch.

Comment

Depends how you compare them. People seem to have the jist of it from the responses. One thing that has not been mentioned, which should be: Roy beat great fighters in their prime, possible ATG's and made it look easy. That would be Hopkins and Toney of course... Mayweather never beat a great fighter in their prime. Floyd also did not make it look easy when he fought opposition like Oscar and Pacquia.

Comment

roy made elite fighters look like bums. floyd made the bums he fought look like bums

Comment

Working...
                      X