Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-09-2019, 10:22 AM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Marchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,115.97
Total Points: 17,611.34
Rocky Marciano ATG fighter - Freedom. Thanks for thanking me! - Terry A 

When they start losing
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

It's really difficult to tell. Every generation in boxing history claims the same excuse. As if never once in the history of boxing has anyone ever trained their younger fighters explicitly to defeat the older generation. Like we've all trained every fighter ever to fight exactly the same way and so those who win are simply better at it then those who do not rather than ever claiming on a generational scale styles still make fights.

Is it prime that had Mike ducking the jabs of the late 80s-90s? Or, is it the jab itself had become overly touted and so a trainer saw a weakness across the division and exploited it?

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
that's kind of a **** example but I wanted to use a figure everyone knows real well and can picture easily. I reckon you get my point though. When we see the old guard go we always blame prime and never once give credit to a damn fine gameplan.

Today in MMA jiu jitsu is not what it was in the early days of the UFC. No one in those early days claimed anything outside of " Well **** bubba it's a form almost no one knows nothing about". Losers claimed ignorance not a lack of prime or ability. However, once rolling the sport never again claimed a style swept through because it was tailored to beat the other popular styles. Now that's it's going it is always prime....seems kind of like a fantasy....you don't ever get always out of groups of humans and somehow we have an always in combat sports. When their time is up it is because they are out of prime never because their era's bull**** has had a script written for ending it.

Take Wlad for example. Did Wlad get old and fail to perform on the same level he used to or did Wlad be champion for so long he was forced to fight the children who grew up watching him and know absolutely everything about him and have trained their entire careers for him specifically without him making any drastic changes to his general fight plan to meet these children who are massively versed in all things Wlad?

I dunno, but I do question the consistency of "prime". It can't always be the reason the old guard lost to the new. Most, sure, always seems a bit of a stretch though.
Marchegiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-09-2019, 10:45 AM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5872 Post(s)
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,707.68
Total Points: 73,602.56
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 Great post, man! Killing it! - anthonydavid11 

A boxer would be his strongest and fastest between 24 and 29. Age 30 is the start of a gradual decline in strength and speed. It always has been and it still is. This can be seen in runners and swimmers where their times are recorded in different evens. Some boxers age very well and are almost as good at 35 or older as they were at 29. There will be some difference from boxer to boxer and how they take care of themselves. Guys like Hopkins and Mayweather may stay at their best well past 30 but for most boxers 30 is a bit past prime.
boliodogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:47 AM #13
Contender

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
cally83 has a reputation beyond reputecally83 has a reputation beyond reputecally83 has a reputation beyond reputecally83 has a reputation beyond reputecally83 has a reputation beyond reputecally83 has a reputation beyond reputecally83 has a reputation beyond reputecally83 has a reputation beyond reputecally83 has a reputation beyond reputecally83 has a reputation beyond reputecally83 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 17,192.46

With fans their fav fighters prime usually ends one fight before the fighters first loss.
cally83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:50 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2424 Post(s)
kidbazooka has a reputation beyond reputekidbazooka has a reputation beyond reputekidbazooka has a reputation beyond reputekidbazooka has a reputation beyond reputekidbazooka has a reputation beyond reputekidbazooka has a reputation beyond reputekidbazooka has a reputation beyond reputekidbazooka has a reputation beyond reputekidbazooka has a reputation beyond reputekidbazooka has a reputation beyond reputekidbazooka has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,143.98
Total Points: 27,556.16
any hole you like - Ogecca MaMa These will wipe my spunk+your tears - Clegg 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
What do you consider a boxer's prime years? Obviously this differs for every fighter based on many factors but in general what do you think? 25-30? 30-33?

Thanks to his heavy steroid use I think Canelo's potential is yet to be reached, he might not hit his prime until he's 35 but it will only last a couple years.
How do you feel about Tyson Fury and Saunders heavy steroid use?

Has it affected their prime?
kidbazooka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:54 AM #15
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 16764 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 95,009.69
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

The prime years for any athlete are generally between 27-32. This is no different for boxers. Your prime years are affected by how you fight and how early you got started as a pro.

What really sucks is when guys like a Wilfredo Benitez or a Fernando vargas take a lot of damage early in their careers and they are physically and mentally damaged during their peak prime athletic years.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:08 AM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 850 Post(s)
DreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,104.90
Total Points: 21,700.69
have a nice day - Boxing Goat 

reaction speed is fastest in your teens, physical fitness becomes harder to maintain after 18, and physical changes to the skeletal frame after about 25.

losses noticeable by 30.

scientifically proven loss of lung power every year past 30.

peak of your knowledge at 40+.

so some medium between these.
DreamFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:16 AM #17
No.1

Quoted: 413 Post(s)
FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 17,329.22
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

28 I'd say. Best balance of experience and athleticism.
FeFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:17 PM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
filup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond reputefilup79 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,900.36
Fuck Hearn and him milking the casuals - !a! i like'd your post - !a! good poster - afgbjfgmih 

Floyd has been in his prime his whole career according to everyone who hates him. Even at 41 he's still in his prime while every other fighter he fights is out of his prime. Go figure?
filup79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:28 PM #19
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2202 Post(s)
RJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 37,517.55
Cheers, brother - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - !a! No Message - !a! No Message - !a! suck on this too ya dumb f@ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
What do you consider a boxer's prime years? Obviously this differs for every fighter based on many factors but in general what do you think? 25-30? 30-33?

Thanks to his heavy steroid use I think Canelo's potential is yet to be reached, he might not hit his prime until he's 35 but it will only last a couple years.
Itís a case by case basis...
All athletes peak differently.
RJJ-94-02=GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:51 PM #20
Amateur

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
ron davis will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,061.68
Total Points: 7,501.72
Default Davey Day is your man to beat Mayweather and Duran

Neither one of these great champions, could hit Davey Day
he never suffered a cut. In over 300 fights pro/amateur. He chopped up Armstrong, that a Doctor was called into ring 8th examining Hanks Gashed left eye. If it was a white guy, he would of stopped the fight and Davey would be Wel. Champion and was only a lightweight. Day stopped Pedro Montanez two weeks later, with another gashed eye. Day 137, Pedro was 145-150 lbs. Hardly any fighters that fought Day escaped getting cut up. Baby Arizemendi , got a deep gash across his nose, when you see a pic of him you can see the cut. A young 19 yr. old Sugar Ray Robinson in 1941 was scheduled to fight 30 yr old Day, and Rays manager withdraw for fear that Davey could cut open his eye. Bob Montgomery substituted and KO Day in the first rd. He didn't have a fight for eight months prior, as nobody wanted to fight him.

Last edited by ron davis; 01-09-2019 at 10:18 PM.
ron davis is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxer?, prime, years

User Tag List